Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thoughts on a 2013 Specialized Secteur Triple
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

I’m considering the above as a first road bike, second hand. Asking price is £425.

My main concern is that after graduation (2014) I plan on doing some touring, well, John–O–Groats to Lands End to be exact. Can anyone offer any advice as to the suitability of this bike for this use?

I’m 6’3″, would a 58cm be the right size? The full spec for what I’m looking at:

for sale is my 2013 secteur, size 58cm (L) bought as a get around bike while i was waiting for my p3 to come into stock. Its had an onboard computer on since i built it up and is showing just under 180 miles i think, and just under 200 hours ride time. condition is near perfect! will come with bottle cage and under saddle bag, original pedals, two new tiers as well as those already on the bike (mavics but unsure on the model) and three innertubes. keo classic pedals are not included and neither is the computer.

i can post at YOUR expense, collection is also possible.

these rrp at 650 so grab a bargain! message me if your interested, pay by cash of pay pal.

Specialized description;

Roubaix-inspired Endurance Road geometry, FACT carbon fork with vibration-absorbing Zertz, and shaped tube sets make the Secteur stable, smooth, and quick. Upgraded wheelset and 9-speed Shimano triple drivetrain add efficiency and reliability.
    Lightweight, A1 Premium Aluminum double-butted frame with smooth welds and endurance geomatry has S-shaped seatstays for vertical compliance and an confident efficent ride
    Specialized FACT carbon fork with Zerts provides predictable steering and smooth handling
    Espoir Sport 25c tires with BlackBelt punture protection allows for smooth, fast, and confident ride
    Never miss a critical shift with Shimano 2300 STI shifters
    Specialized Comp shallow drop alloy bar for serious performance; wrapped with non-slip Specialized Roubaix tape for vibration-damping
    Supportive Body Geometry Riva Road with Cr-Mo rails is a perfect combination of comfort and efficiency

globalti
    Free Member

It will be fine for that trip but how will you carry luggage?

I think a 58 will be OK for you.

danielgroves
    Free Member
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on a 2013 Specialized Secteur Triple’ is closed to new replies.