• This topic has 127 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by PJay.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Thou Shalt Not Cycle During the Royal Funeral
  • raify
    Free Member

Reckon it’ll be worth riding peaselake if the village shop is shut and you can’t get a pork n leek slice?

MSP

I went out for a bike ride on the morning of my mothers funeral, cleared my head a little bit and prepared me for the day ahead.

It is absolutely **** ludicrous that partaking in an enjoyable activity or sport is somehow disrespectful, and stopping doing so is a mark of respect.

Where the hell did the this idea that not doing something is a sign of respect come from? It just doesn’t make any sense.

neilthewheel

In other news, Thames Water is advising people not to go for a shit on the day of the funeral.

neilthewheel

In other news, I’m giving up eating Austrian bacon during the period of mourning.

No Speck for the Queen.

windyg
    Free Member

I will be working in the morning, bike will be in the van so a ride in the afternoon.
    I can’t see what all the fuss is about personally. A royal death is of no interest to me in the same way my death will be of no interest to them.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Judging by most of my pals they’ll all be in bed with raging hangovers as they’re all planning massive pub crawls on the Sunday.

ElShalimo

Will there be a “Queenie Dead good bike ride photos” thread on Monday?

PJay
    Free Member

Looks like they’re backtracking – https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/62916286

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.