Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • those stupid wee clips that fit on the end of the pad retention screw..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I appear to have lost all mine. Anyone know where I can buy a set for my XTs. CRC have them for other brands that will probably fit…but at 2 quid a pop it must be close to being the biggest biking ripoff out there 🙁

Northwind

The wee jesus clips? Wouldn’t bother replacing them myself, just make sure they’re tight enough.

(ok, they’re most likely e-clips, but I was taught that they’re jesus clips, because that’s what you say when they ping off across the garage)

kayak23

Mine fell off ages ago….

argoose
    Free Member

Had them on the avids, binned them and used split pins. Lot easier on the trails 🙂

timwillows
    Free Member

Buy new pads and use the clips off of them? Just be more careful next time you take them off

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for split pins

coatesy
    Free Member

try an engineers suppliers.

jam-bo

I never bother. Not had any pads fall out yet…

Scapegoat

Err,small paperclip?

perthmtb
    Free Member

Remember someone suggesting when this topic came up before, to use the little rubber donut thingies that stop gear cables flapping. Haven’t tried it meself yet, but sounds like a good idea!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

compensation culture-driven redundancy. Never had a pad retaining pin come even vaguely loose let alone sufficiently close to falling out to need a clip to retain it. Pretty sure mine fell off years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘those stupid wee clips that fit on the end of the pad retention screw..’ is closed to new replies.