Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Those striking working class london bus drivers, and essex firemen
  • anagallis_arvensis

Hard to replace Doctors and teachers with cheap polish workers though and many of the easily replaced low skilled private sector workers would not have had pensions anyway so thats a poor comparison zulu. When private sector pensions were raped the well paid were well rewarded so didnt make a fuss, now they ate struggling they start frothing about public sector pensions.

chewkw
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Hard to replace Doctors and teachers with cheap polish workers …

Nope. That is wrong. They are not difficult to replace put it this way.

anagallis_arvensis

Good luck with that then chewkw

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve often wondered if the vocal minority of the public sector would be quite so militant

someone really should do anlaysis of the words you use to post your views…it often mor einteresting that your post

Are we meant to think that all the public sector strife…the ones where they voted and all that stuff are the results only of a “vocal minority”. You knwo wthat i sBS but it is a nice way to try and belittle those you disagree with ….as is you speak for the silent majority…YOU speaking for the majority of public sector unionised lefty doo gooders….Well it could happen I suppose …now that really would be silly …still a vocal minority would easily trump your very vocal lone voice eh 😉
    As for militant…they strike roughly every 40 years or so ….Now if that is not militant then pray tell me what is?
    Your argument is BS and your choice of language rather tabloid
    as A-A notes your right wing wet dream of sacking everyone and re-employing cheaper people in the public sector will largely remain that as we have to deliver service here and we are rather well trained and hard to replace.

chewkw
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Good luck with that then chewkw

One of my GP is from eastern block and she is nice …

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hard to replace Doctors and teachers with cheap polish workers though

Ah, all public sector workers are doctors and teachers, sorry, I’d forgotten that

and many of the easily replaced low skilled private sector workers would not have had pensions anyway so thats a poor comparison zulu.

Oh, sorry, I thought you’d just told us that private sector workers rolled over too easily, now you’re saying that they never had pensions in the first place – sorry, your narrative seems to have got itself a bit confused.

When private sector pensions were raped the well paid were well rewarded so didnt make a fuss, now they ate struggling they start frothing about public sector pensions.

I think you’ll actually find that the people with the most incredulity towards public sector workers militancy are low paid private sector workers – because they are the ones who are being most **cked around by other peoples selfishness – as a friend of mine said on her facebook yesterday:

Thank you London buses, nice 40min walk to the train station this morning, then busy day at work, had to stay late, then long walk back home (with a painful foot.) I might just stamp my feet (if I had 2 good ones) and spit my dummy out when I have a busy day at work . I wont do anything until I get a nice bonus! Oh, hang on, no, not going to happen GRRRR!!!

anagallis_arvensis

I’m sure there are thousands of them just waiting to come in and work for peanuts.

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing wrong with my narrative, I thinks its your right wing wet dream that is a bit out of sync.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Around 90,000 of the UK’s 246,000 doctors trained abroad, along with 83,000 of 671,000 nurses, 5,000 of 45,000 pharmacists and 11,000 of 40,000 dentists. The number of foreign doctors has jumped by 2,000 in 12 months.

😉

anagallis_arvensis

So why are we not sacking them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hard to replace Doctors and teachers with cheap polish workers though
    Ah, all public sector workers are doctors and teachers, sorry, I’d forgotten that

he did not say they all were did he? Are you now claiming it is a credible strategy [ whilst the Tories reduce immigration and given our housing stock issues] t to replace all public sector workers all 6 million or 23 % of the workforce.

its a ludicrous argument and is literally impossible to do

They could have no skills, not be doctors, teachers, nurses, lawyers, coppers and all be utterly unskilled and require only a pulse to do the job and you could still not do it.

perhaps they have no pensions because they rolled over too easily?

Well if the FB comment of a right wing fantasist is not proof of the “millitancy” of public sector and what people in general think Then I dont know what is 🙄

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Well, for a start the evil tories have employed an additional 4000 doctors since the election…. so you don’t want to be sacking people when you’re busy on a recruitment drive, do you

oops, again, that doesn’t fit the narrative of evil tory cuts destroying the NHS, does it 😉

Secondly – where did I suggest replacing public sector workers with foreign ones? I tink you’ll find that I suggested that public sector militancy would be reduced if the threat was their jobs being offshored, as has happened in the public sector.

CSA would be a good example – all that lovely juicy paperwork and call centres – if that was private sector we’d have shipped it off to india years ago – its not like the service could get any worse than it is at present, is it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Google is ace what is the opening line to your above quote Zulu?

The latest figures raise ­concerns for patient safety due to language problems and culture clashes.

Around 90,000 of the UK’s 246,000 doctors trained abroad, along with 83,000 of 671,000 nurses, 5,000 of 45,000 pharmacists and 11,000 of 40,000 dentists. The number of foreign doctors has jumped by 2,000 in 12 months.

Of the 77 struck off last year 19 were from the EU and 33 from other countries. Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has announced plans to make docs prove they speak English well before they treat patients.

The move comes after the death of David Gray, 70, in Cambridgeshire. He was given 10 times the right dosage of painkiller by out-of-hours locum Daniel Ubani, of Germany, who had failed an English test with one health authority. Now Health Service bosses have been criticised for depriving ­poverty-stricken countries of their home-grown talent.

A total of 663 doctors are from the world’s 20 poorest nations, ­including 89 from Afghanistan, nine from Liberia and four from Haiti.

The British Medical Association calls the situation “morally indefensible”.

Prof Edward Mills, a global health researcher, said: “Poorer countries are essentially funding the NHS.”

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2012/04/29/uk-reliant-on-foreign-doctors-102039-23841009/

So if we want more deaths we could do it? that would teach those millitants and cheer your mate [ if not her foot] up
    Go ride your talking bosh

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Again – where did I suggest replacing public sector workers with foreign ones?

I suggested offshoring public jobs – it was CheckW who talked about replacing them 🙄

Its interesting that the Lefties are all jumping up to be first on the bandwagon against immigration now – after years of telling us that it was vital to the economy and that anyone who was opposed to it was racist while we brought in a million foreigners, we’ve now got Miliband on the telly telling us that ‘Enoch was right’ after all 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

evil tories have employed an additional 4000 doctors since the election

it can take up to nine years to qualify as a GP, and 12 years to become a consultant to train a doctor.

So if there has been a surge in newly qualified physicians in the last two years, that must because the last government increased training places.

I am sure the previous labour government appreciate your praise of them increasing the number of training hospitals and dr places so we can all reap the rewards…how kind of you

Offshoring is defined as the movement of a business process done at a company in one country to the same or another company in another, different country. Almost always work is moved because of a lower cost of operations in the new location

what country am I sending my kids to school in and where do i go for my operations…not sure how you are delivering policing from abroad etc

As it is you i am sure you have well thought out explanation of how we do this and many examples of countries out souring public services…China have loads of soldiers perhaps we could outsource defence to them?

No one has suggested anything about immigration I told you what the current governments position was gave the whole article form which you tool a quote. I understand that it is clearly impossible to do what you suggested and you feeble argument is defeated.
    All you have left is to make a spurious claim about immigration in order to avoid admitting your view is unrealistic and not well thought out.
    I am sure it fooled and distracted a lot of people 🙄

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

what country am I sending my kids to school in and where do i go for my operations

Ah, all public sector workers are doctors and teachers, sorry, I’d forgotten that again

China have loads of soldiers perhaps we could outsource defence to them?

We’ve been sucessfully outsourcing/offshoring defence for about two hundred years

anagallis_arvensis

Keep it up zulu you really are a comedy genius.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well you could have used policing but we all know how good you are at selective quoting and avoiding the point.

Shame if you had a credible positon you could defend it rather than just do this.

We have been offshoring /outsourcing an aspect of defence not defence. There is considerable difference that even you, if you think really hard and squint, can probably just about see.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hmm – probably can’t offshore policing – but We did a pretty good job of offshoring prisons, didn’t we?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

We have been offshoring /outsourcing an aspect of defence not defence. There is considerable difference that even you, if you think really hard and squint, can probably just about see.

Ok – so, you accept that we can sucessfully offshore aspects of the public sector to reduce taxpayer/government expenditure

I’m over the moon that we’ve finally found something we can agree on 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

and I am delighted you agree we cannot do it all and your original point is wrong

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

You can’t offshore public sector jobs because the public sector is part of the government, run for the benefit of this country. Offshoring any job is of no benefit whatsoever to this country.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Those striking working class london bus drivers, and essex firemen’ is closed to new replies.