Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Those on sale carbon tubulars at planet x
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Very tempted by a 50/50 or 50/80. The pair for road racing and the front for TT duties. Weight seems good. Not done the tubular thing before though. Is it a right faff? Did a bit of research and it doesn’t seem too bad.

Any opinions out there? A good deal?

trail_rat
    Free Member

im tempted by the 80/101 pair right now …. but also tempted by the carbozone 88mm pair off ebay for 260 delivered.

either will be getting a disk cover fitted to the rear.

i wouldnt be rushing for tubulars for road riding , maybe for racing

i wouldnt be entertaining the px clincher 50s after the pleasure my mates had – two rides have been canceled 30k in due to pringled wheels.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Clinches just too heavy. Road stuff would be closed short circuit things so not bothered about getting stranded.

Was tempted by the 80/100. Thought in the end that 50/50 and a proper disc wheel would give me better options.

Edit: Wonder if they’d do 50/100 on request…?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

i dun have a road bike nor an interest in road racing… as much as a few members of my club want me to to give them a leadout man for the finish.

for me its TTs only and an audax bike – strange combo i know so i can live with 80-101 .

none of my mates have had any issues with the px tubular TT wheels and equally none seem to have had issues with their chinese carbonzoens – however they are a much smaller number of people than have the px tubulars.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks trail_rat. I may just have to buy them. Stupid planet x and their deals!

Edit: Now 50/50 or 50/80…?

trail_rat
    Free Member

see my thoughts for the ebay chinese specials is that i can get lighter faster rolling tubs …. the wheels are about equal in weight.

mrblobby
    Free Member

see my thoughts for the ebay chinese specials is that i can get lighter faster rolling tubs …. the wheels are about equal in weight.

Sorry don’t quite follow… why lighter than the PX ones?

trail_rat
    Free Member

no – the ACTUAL tubs as in the tires …. looking at 100 note for some good tubs like conti comps or the like – even looking at 50 for some heavy basic tufos.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah I see. Yes quite pricey. Was looking at 100 a set. Not bad in notes per gram though overall.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Those on sale carbon tubulars at planet x’ is closed to new replies.