Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • those of you who use a turbo trainer
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i did yes – will try again though.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Probably didn’t reconise an email not trying to enlarge my penis or sell me a fake watch.

mrsflash
    Free Member

got it now 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

you’ve got a penis?

mrsflash
    Free Member

apparently so.

ourmaninthenorth

All this girls aloud and chicks with d*cks stuff is scaring me…. 😉

I’ll leave you with the other advice given to me – don’t overdo it; it’s the rest between the sessions that makes you stronger!

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 Thats DGOAB being spammed to death from now on then, automated email harvesters will have a field day with just spaces between the parts!

I’ll leave you with the other advice given to me – don’t overdo it; it’s the rest between the sessions that makes you stronger!

I must be REALLY strong – it must be 6 months between sessions for me!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oh I’m very good at the rest sessions. They’re the strongest part of my training.

mrsflash
    Free Member

coffeeking that’s my email address not DGOABs. I get plenty of spam already, it just goes nicely into the spam folder and gets deleted.

oldgit
    Free Member

Turbos are for me anyway there to use when I can’t get out, like now. Did I mention my broken ribs?
    Though when I have used my turbos I do feel smoother when I get back on the road or trail, and that’s from just pedaling away on them. So they do me good without any structured sessions, thank god because I really need to take my brain out when I’m on them.

mrsflash
    Free Member

sorry to hear of y our broken ribs olgit 🙁

shoefiti
    Free Member

Pin this to the garage door, kind of like how you dangle a carrot in front of a donkey

That’s no use, as soon as you close the garage door you’ll get pissed up, verbally abuse someone then shag a tarty hairdresser – that’s not ideal training.

By the way i do (used to, when i could be bothered) do 15 mins warm up, 2x20mins at lactic threashold (5 mins easy between) 15 mins warm down.

or: same warm up 5 x 5 mins at highest sustainable power (got up to 400 watts when i was fit) then same cool down.

Once a fortnight do 60 minutes at threashold – just to see if i could ever break the hour record – unfortunatly at 330 watts for 11.8 stone i was always shite and my dreams faded away :o(

i’m thinking of dragging it out this week thou – haven’t used it in a bit – the power meter doesn’t lie, so last time i used it i just got depressed.

johnners
    Free Member

Try this book – it’s got loads of suggestions for training sessions based around whatever aspect of fitness you’re trying to address. I find it helpful to have a session defined for me even when (like you) I understand the principles and could work out my own.

It’s written by 2 gurls too!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘those of you who use a turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.