Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Those of you that use accountants…
  • ferrals
    Free Member

A friend is thinking of starting a small (one person) accountancy practise so trying to do a bit of market research

If you use an accountant and are happy to say, would be great to know the size of your company, what they do for you and how much they charge (either per job or per hour)

Thanks in advance!

maccruiskeen

A friend is thinking of starting a small (one person) accountancy practise

A smart move if they’re starting up is to get involved, as a punter, with any local schemes and support for start up businesses – all the other punters will be people who’ll soon be needing an accountant and given they won’t already have one they’ll be easier business to win. They’ll all be small operations, which suits a one-person practice, at least to start with – but theres also the chance to grow with them.

ferrals
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s a fantastic idea.

caspian
    Free Member

Small.
    The accounting.
    £180 per month incl. VAT

Teetosugars
    Free Member

1man band
    Everything
    About £1k pa.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

What Teetosugars says.

allthepies
    Free Member

IT contractor, just me. £100 inc VAT/month. They do PAYE, VAT submissions, tax returns, provide a registered office + field general queries etc. I get a Freeagent subscription provided as part of the deal.

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers all, good to know

Sundayjumper

…contractor, just me. £100 inc VAT/month. They do PAYE, VAT submissions, tax returns, provide a registered office + field general queries etc. I get a Freeagent subscription provided as part of the deal.

Same, but £100+VAT/month. Freeagent seems to work well.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I need to up my prices

caspian
    Free Member

I need to change accountants

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Those of you that use accountants…’ is closed to new replies.