Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Those new Ragley frames…
  • IvanDobski

…look really nice in the flesh. Went into a friends shop this morning and they had both colours of BluePig and a Ti on display. Had a good hands on look at them and was surprised how nice and "well made looking" they actually are.

I wanted to not like them given that I've just ordered my DB Alpine and I'm not a fan of the "previously discussed in a different thread Brant catamite fanboyz" but hey, credit where it's due!

(Big shout out to DB Mike for returning an email at gone midnight last night whilst I'm on the topic of my Alpine!)

Junkyard

we know they are lovely, best bike ever you get an erection just being near one, ride better by just seeing it etc

hora

I also saw one this morning.

I'd be interested to see a R8 or a Alpine in the flesh- especially in the Kawasaki green. ****. From memory the prev Alpines paint was very high quality- bet the green looks mint 😀

Premier Icon forge197
    Subscriber

hora the dialled paint is indeed excellent quality.

Junkyard's picture makes a good point on Ragley.

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

I`ll be demo-ing a Pig @ 18bikes end of the month.
    Then I will try an R8/P7, Kudu or Biketreks and a Genesis @ my lbs.
    What you have to do just to ride a bike 🙄

Chevin

Just finished building our demo blue pig. Everyone seems to like it so far!

Matthew

giantjason

Ivan – I am just after going through a similar decision of either DB or Ragley. In the end I went for a DB Alpine in red as I think it looks better and doesn't have the bolt on cable guides.

Only have to wait another 5 weeks to get it!

IvanDobski – Member

…look really nice in the flesh. Went into a friends shop this morning and they had both colours of BluePig and a Ti on display. Had a good hands on look at them and was surprised how nice and "well made looking" they actually are.

*nods*

I'd be getting one myself if they weren't so long in the top tube.

james

"I'd be getting one myself if they weren't so long in the top tube"

Could you not get the next size down? Or are you talking about a 16" frame?
    I thought they were long because they onlt 'work' with a 50-70mm stem too

Could you not get the next size down? Or are you talking about a 16" frame?
    I thought they were long because they onlt 'work' with a 50-70mm stem too

I was talking 16" – a 23" effective TT seems pretty long, even with a 50 mm stem (I always run short stems anyway).

hora

Trekster – huge price difference though in your selection?

littlegirlbunny – If your interested in a 2nd hand Alpine, I may have mine for sale if I can get hold of a Cotic BFe (and if its rides well once its built)

Its a 17/22 so would be a good size if your after something shorter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Those new Ragley frames…’ is closed to new replies.