Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Those inflatable assault course things on lakes..
  • Harry_the_Spider

Did the one at Corfe Castle today.

Flip me! Was that good fun or what? Going back on Wednesday.

Where else are they? I know there’s one near Newquay.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve only tried the one in Les Gets, there’s one in Cardiff Bay too.

Great fun, but I picked up more aches and pains from 45 mins of that than I did in 8 hours of lift assist riding ha ha

andy4d

There was one at our holiday place last year ,Retalack  near padstow. It was fun and boy was i knackered after.

dissonance

There is one at Lee Valley white water centre at the moment.

Bregante

I’ve seen one fairly regularly at Albert Dock in Liverpool. No idea if it’s there currently.

Harry_the_Spider

I was in with my kids, so I know about the knackeredness bit. Chloe the hot lifeguard had to haul me out by the scruff of my neck after about 50 mins. My missus thought it was hilarious.

Pook

Rother Valley has one. Right old laugh

Bregante

Found the Liverpool one. I’m guessing that would be your closest to home.

adventuredock.co.uk

kendonagasaki

Wild Shore nr Delamere Forest. Combine it with a bike ride in the forest.

w00dster

Also one in Milton Keynes. Kids have been, I’m a complete wuss though and hate the thought of the cold water.
    Did the one in Fuertaventura and even that was border line cold.

lapierrelady

One at Allerthorpe in N Yorkshire

chrisdw
    Free Member

Cotswold water park has one too.

doomanic

There’s one at the National Diving and Activity Centre near Chepstow. They’ve stuck it over the deep end of the quarry, so if you drop anything it’ll be 75m down.
    They’ve also got a couple of zip-wires and a huge swing over the quarry edge, plus off-road Segways and as an added bonus, the Forest of Dean is only a few miles away.

NZCol

Les Gets and Commie Pool in Edinburgh !

Rockhopper
    Free Member

All the water stuff at Rother Valley is currently closed due to toxic algae apparently.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Foxlake in Dundee by HMS Unicorn, might be a bit of a drive though.

mrchrist

I did the one is les gets 3 times this summer because my kids wanted to. Honest.

scaredypants

Harry, there’s another one just up the A31 from you – New Forest Waterpark near Ringwood

You could take your bike and do a few laps of Moors Valley after it shuts, too

db

A bunch from work all did the Corfe one and had some sickness after it. I’m sure the water must be tested but 4 of a group of about 15 called in with upset tums the day after (they had not eaten together) the only common factor was the water.

It was good fun though!

natrix
    Free Member

Did the St Osyth one near Clacton, great fun. There’s one near Reading as well, could fit it in after Swinley…………

ampthill

Box End Bedford

richardkennerley

Wake park at Weeton just outside Blackpool

MoreCashThanDash

One at Rutland Water, might have algae issues at the moment

simon_g

Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire has one, we used it for work summer do last year.

stever
    Free Member

You’re NW aren’t you? I swim next to the Wild Shore one, looks ace. There’s something at Manley Mere too my kids have done.

kittyr
    Free Member

The Liquid Leisure one near Windsor is AMAZING – really tiring, quite exciting and the big climb and jump is pretty scary

kayak23

A bunch from work all did the Corfe one and had some sickness after it. I’m sure the water must be tested but 4 of a group of about 15 called in with upset tums the day after (they had not eaten together) the only common factor was the water.

Urban myth or not, folks used to say to drink coke when kayaking at Nottingham whitewater course on the Trent to ward off stomach upsets. Seemed to work for me…

oikeith

Les Get one was fun but tiring after a days riding! Wished the airbag thing had more oomph though!

Went on one in Tenerife which also had trampolines as part of it, great fun jumping off those into the water.

NZCol

Watch your toes on the fckn things as well, they are slidey and the little velcro strips are perfect toe breakers. Ask my wife 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s one at the jet ski park at m4 j12 (Laguna park??)

The coke thing is probably true, its about 10x stronger than the phosphoric acid used to sanitize brewery kit!

nickdavies

Coke after, learned that one after years of paddling in the Trent. Iron constitution now.

Just did the one at Troyes lac d’orient yesterday on the way back from the alps, would like to say kids made me do it but I don’t have any! 😂

niksnr
    Free Member

Wykeham Lakes, North Yorks Water Park. Great fun laughing at Mrs Snr who got Swan poo in her hair! 😂

mudder
    Free Member

The New Forest Water Park aqua park is ace, having survived a two hour session last week. I would recommend water shoes for some grip.

Also the Lymington Sea Water baths (Lido)has an Inflatable and a bargain of £8 (adult), £6.50 Kids for an all day ticket. Not on the same scale as the New Forest course but still great fun.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

One south east of Oxford as I recall.

Harry_the_Spider

Just getting our kit together to go back. Tanks at Bovington this afternoon too!

jag61

There is one at Holme pierrepoint at moment go test the coke theory!! The river looks and smells better than it did when hpp opened 🤮

dex78
    Free Member

Be careful, I just tore a ligament in my knee on one and can’t ride for months!

benp1

What’s the going rate for these? Lee Valley is £15 for an adult for an hour

Did one with the kids on a lake in France. Was ace but they were a little young/small

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My 6 year old lad literally took flight when our 6′ 4” 14 stone pal jump onto the other end of the Airbag. The boy seemed to hang in mid air, about 15 foot up, before crashing into the sea. We all held our breath waiting for him to surface…. He came up… screaming…… with delight !!

Happy days

BillMC

That’s odd. I was in Albert Dock yesterday and didn’t see that. Need to pay more attention!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Those inflatable assault course things on lakes..’ is closed to new replies.