Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Those Giro shoes with laces, empire, privateer etc
  • servo
    Free Member

My new shoes are Giro Privateer Lace. I have been using them for a few weeks and they are nice and comfortable.

However, I have been tying the laces in a double or triple bow. I looked at buying the empire road versions, but now see that I should not be using a bow but just shoving the excess into a loop on the tongue.

Anyone else do this?

breninbeener

I do that with my 5.10s and other flat shoes with laces. I just push the loops from the bow under some of the lacing.

TiRed

I tie a bow and then push the four parts under the loop. Great shoes if you have narrow feet

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lunge

Related but not, my laces always used to come undone, from a post on here I learnt that I needed to change my technique. Since doing this laces no longer come undone and double knots knots are a thing of the past.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Uh, yes, that’s what you are supposed to do

cheers_drive

I’ve got Shimano xc5s, which are lace. Single bow and tuck the dangly bits it the pocket in the tongue. Laces are great (unless it’s really muddy).

bob_summers

I’ve got some, can’t remember which model. Wrap laces once around foot before tying.

servo
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I tucked the ends in the loop and it worked OK last night. I will search out the post that explains how to tie laces so they don’t come undone. Obviously, I have been doing it wrong for nearly 50 years!

I have narrow feet so they are a good fit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

See the little black leather bit in the middle of the laces? Yes that bit… it’s a bit of suede leather attached to small elastic stitched into the shoe…

Its there for a reason..

Tie laces as you would normally then the ends of all the bow and tails hold together then thread under the suede/elastic thingy.

It was designed to hold the tail of your laces 👍

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Those Giro shoes with laces, empire, privateer etc’ is closed to new replies.