Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • Those cheap Vauxhall Zafira's
  • Kryton57

£10k, 1.6 petrol, 100,000 mile warranty and a seat folding system thats magical as a second /sometime family car mostly work motorway / bike car…..

So what’s the catch apart from they look awful and are a Vauxhall?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Your kids will become fat, you’ll end up getting some tribal tattoos and look Like a miserable sod knowing you have to drive it for the next few years.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You think 10k is cheap for a 1600 petrol engined people-carrier with 100k on clock?!

maccruiskeen

they look awful and are a Vauxhall?

If the looks and badge bother you you could try the Chevrolet Orlando instead. Its the same car but still in its crate. And the drivers seat is comfier.

allthepies
    Free Member

Errrrr….

Kryton57

The new ones have a 100,000 mile warranty Patriatpro…..

hora
    Free Member

Where are they 10k? I’d have a new one for that price.

johndoh
    Free Member

And just in case he hasn’t got it yet…

£10k, 1.6 petrol, 100,000 mile warranty

piemonster

Aye, that’s worth a look. Even though it’ll rattle and squeak to the point of insanity like every other Vauxhall I’ve experienced.

Where?

johndoh
    Free Member

Where are they 10k? I’d have a new one for that price.

A few places, Bristol Street Motors is where I first saw them though.

http://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car-deals/vauxhall/5930/vauxhall-zafira-1-6i-exclusiv-16v-vvt-115ps-ac

piemonster

Might go down and do a bit of time wasting at Arnold Clark later.

Kryton57

Yep ^. And some garages are calling it the Capital model. I’m thinking though, the 1.6 might get a bit annoYing on long motorway journeys. And it’ll fall to pieces.

allthepies
    Free Member

Kick some tyres 🙂

amplebrew

My wife bought one in March and to be honest it’s been great.

For the money. I don’t think you’ll get a bigger brand new car.

The one complaint I would have would be that it revs quite high if on the motorway and could do with a 6th gear. Not a problem for us though as we don’t have motorways on the Isle Of Man.

I wanted us to get a Berlingo to he honest as I think it’s got more room in the back and is certainly wider. It’s my wife’s car however and she would rather walk than be seen In a Berlingo.

There are a lot of folk quick to criticise Vauxhall’s, but I drove an Astra patrol car for a few years and it never missed a beat; not like some of the current Ford Focus which have needed visits to the workshop.

piemonster

I love kicking tyres at Arnold Clark, that and fobbing them off with made up contact details.

This one should be amusing, as a primary concern would be whether I could sleep in the back.

nealglover
    Free Member

You think 10k is cheap for a 1600 petrol engined people-carrier with 100k on clock?!

In your haste to be critical, you seem to have missed the whole point.

Congrats 😉

piemonster

We was so close to buying a Transporter a few months ago, I should really get a stable income source. Or be more reckless.

Sigh

hora
    Free Member

And it’ll fall to pieces.

So do VW’s.

I’d love to read the T&C’s of the 100k warranty. For instance if in a service they include the ‘critical free safety check’* items as essential to be fitted by them to get a service stamp (that ensures the warranty remains valid) I’d bawk.

*You’re tyres/pads etc are 70% worn sir.

Plus knowing Arnold Clark -they’ll probably pre-reg the car thats new to you and you’ll only find out when you receive the V5 a few weeks later.

reviews look good: http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/used/vauxhall/zafira-mpv/full-review/25479-7

matthewlhome
    Free Member

it’s the ‘old’ model zafira so i would imagine thats why the prices are good.

Main concern would have to be interacting with a vauxhall dealer. They may just be particularly bad round here but they are terrible for customer service (IMO).

we have vauxhalls at work and to keep the warranty they must be serviced at or before the scheduled dates, and then the warranty must be validated by a vauxhall dealer.

marcus7
    Free Member

can’t say I love mine and the 1.6 is underpowered, BUT it has been reliable and is great for lugging stuff around build quality ain’t great but for £10k you really can’t go wrong!

jamiea
    Free Member

The road fund licence at £170 might make me think, our Cee’d is only £30. But you’d be saving over £8k!

Cheers,
    Jamie

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

The road fund licence vehicle excise duty at £170 might make me think

corrected!

😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

doubt your ceed is going to last 57 years longer than a zafira….i also doubt youll keep either beyond the length of the warrenty.

glupton1976
    Free Member

They are quite thirsty cars.

Rscott
    Free Member

Clutch, dual mass fly wheel,and gear box are not covered by warranty. and are made of cheese.

trail_rat
    Free Member

when did they start putting dual mass flywheels into 1.6 petrol cars.

must have missed the memo.

gear box is horrible – its so bad it actually dissuades you from changing gear – i think thats the only reason they last any length of time.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think the 1.6 might struggle out of town, and I hope you don’t have the same 150k miles of annoying roof rattle that I had from a Vauxhall. It’s probably the perfect car for the school run, though.

Wozza
    Free Member

Having driven several Zafiras it’s an experience i’d never like to repeat. Not only is it a Vauxhall and therefore held together with spit and sticky tape, but it’s actually the worst Vauxhall they do.

Let me put it into perspective for you. If cars are countries you would be buying the equivalent North Korea or maybe the Democratic Republic Of Congo.

We bought an ex lease diesel V70 estate with full dealer service history for less than that and it’s a million times bigger and better than the Zafira. Don’t do it… ever.

footflaps

Surely the worst Vauxhall was the Frontera – consistently last in every customer satisfaction survey for over a decade!

trail_rat
    Free Member

im a frontera OWNER currently(not through choice)

i concur the zafira is worse…..

the fronteras actually quite good if you take it for what it is … its not a land rover BUT its surprisingly capible in snow and seeing as mines the diesel thats largely an isuzu then that probably accounts for that …. how ever bad it is it beats our golf into a cocked hat – it squeeks alot less than the golf and it has alot more go about it since its not powered by a rubber band.

ALL the petrol ones were woeful in power , fuel , and headgasket failure.

Wozza
    Free Member

Surely the worst Vauxhall was the Frontera – consistently last in every customer satisfaction survey for over a decade!

Fair point.

Rscott
    Free Member

might be wrong on the fly wheel but the rest still stands.

I had a astra and had nothing but issues with it mechanicaly and electrical. my local garage runs a 1.6 astra petrol same engine and transmission as the zefira and the only reason he has it as he has so many issues and poor fule economy that he wont sell it to a valued customer.

I am fully converted to the never buying a VX Again, as i had mine replaced 3 times,and had the same issues with all 3

Kryton57

I’ve been in a Zafira taxi – it was all falling apart. You get what you pay for I guess and (cliche no2) if its too good to be true….

jamiea
    Free Member

Imabigkidnow

Yey, we have a winner 😀

Cheers,
    Jamie

br
    Free Member

I’ve had a few company Vectra’s, never had a problem at +35k pa.

And at £10k, you’ll get nothing else near as that’s basic hatch money.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Oops – I’d not had my first brew of the day. 😆

*Takes a bow to all the perfect people in the house*

Kryton57

And at £10k, you’ll get nothing else near as that’s basic hatch money.

Although what I havn’t told you, is that I’d be trading practicality with my paid for ’52 330i saloon. Seems though that I’d be swapping that impraticality for a short lived nightmare. Obviously the 330i is a nicer place to be, but the fuel / bills won’t my much cheaper (mines capped at £260). I’m pretty sure from the above comments it’d be 10k badly spent.

hora
    Free Member

10k for 100k of motoring/warranty?

Its hardly a shit car. Its just not as fancy a place to be as some VW dashboards.

freeagent
    Free Member

My boss just bought one.
    It has its faults, but for his 20 mile round trip to work each day (and requirement for a 7 seat bus) it is perfect.

It isn’t great on fuel, it is a sea of slightly cheap looking plastic inside and it isn’t the greatest drive, but 10k for a new 7 seat car with a 100k warranty is a great deal.

If it suits your needs – then why not?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Vauxhall Zafira's’ is closed to new replies.