Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Those cheap Reba's On-One are selling…
  • alexonabike

You know, the 2009 Reba Teams for £250.

Anything I should know? seems too good to be true. Boxed? Warranty? etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

Boxed?

do you care?

Warranty? etc.

warranty is with the retailer regardless of the price, not the manufacturer.

13thfloormonk

They're cheap cos they're 'obsolete' 2009 forks? If they have Motion control damping, dual air, and the alloy steerer/crown then jobs a good 'un (if i remember right, the only difference between the Reba races and Reba teams was a lighter steerer and crown)

alexonabike

do you care?

Not really, just wanted to know.

I think the Teams have Blackbox damping don't they?

alexonabike

So has anyone bought a set?

bol

Yep. I've got some. They came in a shimano wheel box, but manual, pushloc etc all included and bagged, and steerer uncut. No pump, but I had one already. I really don't think you can go wrong for that money, and I'd say they're smoother (and fractionally lighter) than the Fox F120 RLCs they replaced.

alexonabike

Good stuff. Will a standard shock pump work, or is there a special thing about the RS one?

slowrider
    Free Member

standard one will be fine.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mine have been on both the Anthem X and the old Inbred and are now ready to fit to the new Sterling green slot dropout Inbred – had them for months from them and they've been absolutely fine. A snip.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I might have to check their website. A set of those would suit my new frame perfectly.

EDIT – only 100mm and I wanted 120mm. Damn!

benman
    Free Member

Easy to change to 120mm by taking the internal spacer out. I'm running mine at 120mm…

Dobbo

benman – Member

Easy to change to 120mm by taking the internal spacer out. I'm running mine at 120mm…

I was looking a pair few weeks back, if they are OEM forks are you sure the travel can still be changed?

alexonabike

Well, i just plumped for some to go with my new Barry White Inbred!

Fingers crossed they arn't lemons… anyone know the implications of buying OEM forks if they arn't advertised as so? It doesnt especially bother me but I would like to know where I stand should they go bust in 18 months time.

benman
    Free Member

Yep you can definitely run the on-one forks at 120mm, thats what mine are.

duckman

Benman, can all 2009 reba's be adjusted to run at 120mm? Just curious as I would like to try 120mm forks on my superlight.

benman
    Free Member

Don't know whether they all can, but I've got 2 OEM pairs – One set of 2009 Reba Teams and one set of 2009 Reba Race, and I've changed both of them to 120mm.

benman
    Free Member

Using them on a Superlight too 8)

shortcut

I am running a set on my Simple. Ok so they didn't turn up with a pump or in a RS box but at £250 frankly I don't care.

duckman

Doss! Anybody got any links to instructions on how to do it?

benman
    Free Member

Download the service manual from the rockshox site. It involves removing the lowers, and stripping the air spring. 15 minutes and bobs your uncle!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Reba's On-One are selling…’ is closed to new replies.