Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Those bike bags (for carrying stuff on a bike, not carrying bikes in)
  • Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I remember either a thread or article (one by Chipps?) about an american firm / bloke who made quite cool looking bike bags. Particularly a bag that worked off the seatpost (with a fabric wrap around it) and didn’t need a rack.

Struggling to find the thread / site / link. Can anyone help?

Ta

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member
    bentos
    Free Member

Any UK alternatives to this company yet?

I would make my own frame bag, but I can’t sew for toffee.

flatfish
    Free Member

Watch this space!
    There’s somebody who posts on here is hopefully about to go into production on custom frame bags at a reasonable price too without expensive shipping and import tax costs as they’re in Wales.
    Here’s a prototype that was made for me

brassneck

Carousel Design Works?

From the bikepacking article .. thought about these myself as commuting backup for when I forget to take enough shirts in, though I’m guessing there’s a waiting list.

Tiger6791

Ohh they look nice, may have to oreder one. Do we have a company name for them ? 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whats wrong with traditional panniers and a rack?

flatfish
    Free Member

I think there is tiger but i can’t for the life of me remember what it is. 😕
    Something to do with big cats i think.
    Maybe you could have your own Tiger-bag.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Flatfish, thats brilliant news, given that they’re in Wales I’m assuming they will be waterproof. Do you think they’ll be able to deliver prior to the WRT?

flatfish
    Free Member

I would have thought so if you get your orders in sharpish if they decide to progress with the project.
    Obviously the more intrest in the bags the more likely they’ll go into production.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

The name “Wild Cat” was discussed.

druidh
    Free Member

How “thick” are those bags in the pictures? I’m just wondering what sort of items can be packed in them before they start to interfere with pedalling.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Flatfish and Tiger.. a previous thread on this had a guy called Buggybags(or similar).. making bags for Kite Buggys – I think this business were discussed after everyone seemed to draw a blank on getting anyone in the bike industry interested in developing a niche market.. Maybe I missed a thread on this somewhere if there is an alternative source in the UK.

I bit the bullet and waited for Eric to deliver from Alaska but would have been interested and I’d like a custom frame bag at some point rather than just Erics Tangle Bag (off the peg “top half frame bag”!

HTH, Mark

flatfish
    Free Member

onion, i think mine is 2.5 inches wide but it bulges a bit in the middle, i think 3 inch would be about max due to the bulging.
    29er Scandal

druidh
    Free Member

Cheers mate.

I still can’t decide how much of a good idea they are. Seems there’s a limit to the sort of article which can be carried in them (due to the thickness) and of course you lose access to bottle mounts.

singlespeedstu

Anyone got any contact details for these Welsh made “Wild Cat” bags then?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Stu … ygm

singlespeedstu

Ta.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Hi Stuart, could you let me know who makes these as well, are you setting up a cottage industry in Pennant then?
    sorry, e mail in profile or from WRT last year

duntmatter
    Free Member

lol at “clandestine backcountry trail ninjas” on carouseldesignworks website!

AJ
    Free Member

Could i please have an e-mither address for said “wild cat” bags please

merlintheyogin
    Free Member

I got in touch with Jon from a buggybags a about a week ago and he has already made me this as a prototype “tanglebag” (to use the revelate name) and will have no problem putting custom framebags together either – just contact him and give him your measurements ;-). he’s a really nice bloke and works with 1000 denier cordura which is seriously tough and very water repellent (completely waterproof if you nikwax it or apply another dwr) although not really needed as if you’ve ever used 1000d cordura, you’ll know that it’s wicked stuff (many of the seriously tough old rucksacks that didn’t need waterproof covers they were so good only used 400d). he can be contacted at kitebuggybagman@buggybags.co.uk

right, can’t add pic as keeps asking for url when pic is in my “pictures” – i should spend less time on my bike and learn to use a computer – well it looks great and feels very tough but i guess you just have to trust me on that one 😉

rudedog
    Free Member

Merlin – you need to upload your photo to a free picture hosting website like flikr or photobucket first.

Once you’ve done that, you’ll get a URL that you can use to post the pic on the forum.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Those bike bags (for carrying stuff on a bike, not carrying bikes in)’ is closed to new replies.