Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Those big wallpaper type prints….
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

are they a bit, erm, chav? 😳

Seen them on groupon today (that may well answer the question) and it got me thinking about a big wall in our kitchen that would be an ideal candidate (apart from a pillar in the middle).
    I was thinking of a forest scene, as this would be the least likely to look strange wrapped around the pillar too.

Anyone got one?

Marin
    Free Member

Have a big print up my stairs and like it a lot.
    Does that make me a Chav or you a snob?

mrjmt
    Free Member

heh, neither buddy. I was trying to pre-empt the STW response! 😀

Think i’ll try to make a mock-up in photoshop as i’m not sure about this pillar.

grum
    Free Member

Do you have a super high resolution photo you can use? Or are they offering to provide them?

mrjmt
    Free Member

They can provide them, but I also have some multi-row panoramics of stuff from a trip to the states (thinking of a large bryce canyon on my kitchen wall) taken on a DSLR. Need to check whether even they are high enough resolution for them though as I guess it’ll have to be pretty big to look OK, particularly as the kitchen isn’t mahooosive.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah you can get away with not too high a DPI at all when printing big if things are being viewed from a distance – if you’re up close it’s a different story.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I visited a house were the homeowner had one done of a view looking down a tall building into a street from a tall building in New York (his photo) it was in a small landing were his stairs turned 90 degrees and had a really off putting sense if vertigo. His whole house was filled with curiosities (Inc himself) and stuffed animals. I wouldn’t say he was a Chav just very eccentric. On the other hand a house a few doors down from were I used to live had a huge one in the lounge of a cityscape at night that did look chavvy as it didn’t fit the room/house, would have been more suited to a bar. Suppose it’s a matter of taste and what you have printed and how it works in the space.

Pook

I’ll ask my mate to get in touch

mrjmt
    Free Member

I did a mock-up of a bryce canyon pano onto the kitchen wall in photoshop, I wasn’t convinced it looked right because of the pillar.
    Decided to go for a 1400mm x 700mm perspex print to go on the wall instead.
    I do like the idea of them big prints up the stairs though….. would be a lot cheaper too….. hummmmmmm……. 😆

BigJohn

You’re only a chav if you call it a Muriel.

Ay up chuck!

allthegear
    Free Member
    Marin
    Free Member

Aw you chavster. Keep the photo print intact on the wall and just paper it round the pillar(if its part of the wall) to keep the image intact all the way. Looks more sensible and the pillar if its in the middle does not dirupt it overly. Scenary you can get away with but buildings for example would be too inconsistant.
    If you cant wallpaper though make sure you get a decent person in to do it as any visible seams on the paper would look rubbish. Prints on wide viynl may be a better option to have custom made.
    As a decoratr I would have to say far too many houses are very bland. Big flower prints gained popularity as the ecenomy started going to crap. Peolpe begin looking at houses as a home rather than an investment to sell and move on which is the way to lok at the space we live in. Anyway things to do, must put the kettle on.

susanmiller696
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve seen a mural going around a pillar, I’m sure that is going to look great! Are you going to buy matching wallpaper or paint for the room as well? Really interested to see how this comes out, so please post pictures!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Those big wallpaper type prints….’ is closed to new replies.