Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thor owners again – help pls
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

right – what is your weight and what pressure do you run? What level of rebound and any other setup tips appreciated

Crell
    Free Member

Ignore the suggested pressure settings they’re miles out. Use the suggested sag as a guide to work out the pressure you need. IIRC mine’s about 95 PSI for 12.5 st

Open and close the the travel adjust lever and then leave it open for a few seconds. It’s really import to get the air in both chambers.

Start with the AS+ (blue) set OFF (Left) to set up the initial pressure.
    When you get the sag sorted you can switch the blue lever on.
    Rotate the AS+ Dial (gold) so it’s set in the middle.
    The rebound control set to the middle (Base of fork leg)

Work from there. You’ll notice they eat the available travel really easily – which is where the AS+ comes in. Rotating the Gold dial when the Blue lever is set to on will make a big diggerence – experiment with it. It will take a few rides to tune them to your riding and terrain.

Kit
    Free Member

I’m about 75kg I think, and try and run the forks at 5 bar, giving me about 20-25% sag.

As above, you need to turn the travel adjust lever a few times when you’re pumping the forks up to equalise positive and negative pressures.

My rebound goes from treacle slow to moderately fast within one click, so I keep the rebound fairly fast, although things can get a bit unwieldy in fast stuff.

With the Albert Select (lockout) set to ‘on’, I keep the threshold set to minimum (ie most responsive) so that the forks are propped up on steef stuff and don’t blow the travel but remain reasonably supple.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racing_ralph
    Free Member

so essentially find a settings on the albert select i am happy with with climbing/normal riding and open it up for rough stuff?

Crell
    Free Member

I do the opposite, making use of the platform in the AS+ for the rougher stuff so the fork doesn’t use its available travel so quickly (the Thor is very linear). Normal riding I leave AS+ off, with the air pressure that gives me the necesarry sag. Riding like this the fork is incredibly good across most things, including smallish drops. For rocks, bigger drops and climbing I flick the AS+ lever over.

Kit
    Free Member

I never really understood why folk lock their forks out on climbs. Yes, on the road, but off road you need the fork working to absorb bumbs on the way up. A 140mm fork is usually going to be found on a similarly travelled full sus, where sitting and spinning is preferable to standing and honking on the bars, so there again there’s no need to lock forks out.

I only lock mine for steep technical stuff – they feel clunky t me if you lock them out at speed.

Crell
    Free Member

AS+ isn’t lock out so not sure what you mean? The fork is still active with AS+ on, but the threshold is determined by how you set your fork; via the initial air pressure and the gold dial. Maybe I should have caveated my climbing comment with “when I think the terrain needs it”, though at times I like to honk on the bars.
    The platform control of the Curnutt air shock on my Thor equipped bike is great for getting out of the saddle; no levers, buttons or switches needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thor owners again – help pls’ is closed to new replies.