Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thomson Dropper – cheapest you've seen it?
  • martinhutch

Injured, so the temptation to spend big on shiny is getting too much. 😀

Currently trying to resist a Thomson Elite dropper, and trying to work out whether it’s currently at the upper or lower end of the potential discount off RRP.

Can any owners give me an idea of what they paid, where from and when? Or save me by pointing to any other decent 27.2 dropper deals out there?

jam-bo

When I was looking last year. All tricks seem to be the cheapest.

I changed frame and bought a reverb instead. Worked out cheaper.

martinhutch

Yep, it is a bit on the exortionate side.

chestrockwell

When I got mine I got Evans to price match the cheapest I found then used Tesco vouchers at double face value to bring the price down to £170. Don’t know if that’s any help like.

martinhutch

That’s a good point. Forgot about clubcard boost – cheers.

chestrockwell

They’re still doing it as I got another £30 voucher yesterday. 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I may well have one for sale, it’s been used for one ride & apart from the cut cable it’s as new. I’m not going to give it away but I would sell it if the price is right, my email is in my profile if your interested.
    Cheers.

martinhutch

Cheers – the only thing that concerns me about SH is the warranty situation, particularly as droppers seem to go wrong on a regular basis.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Not a problem, I could obviously act as the warranty “middle man” but as I bought it from alltricks then I wasn’t that bothered about the warranty anyway, my main concern was finding a 27.2, have you actually found any in stock yet? I was told Thomson were no longer making these so websites saying 7 days from the supplier will be of no use.

Cheers.

martinhutch

Quite a few places claim to have stock – why do you think Thomson are ‘dropping it’, they’ve only just launched it really.

mcnultycop

Alltricks was cheapest for mine, the only UK places with it in stock were asking RRP.

martinhutch

Here’s hoping for Grexit and Euro collapse then!

tootallpaul

Alltricks are out of stock of the 27.2 – any other ideas?

martinhutch

Got mine from Bike 24 in the end. Stock seems to fluctuate quite a bit though.

It’s very, very good BTW.

mmannerr

oh no, wrong thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Dropper – cheapest you've seen it?’ is closed to new replies.