Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thompson Elite Dropper – Adjustment for Weight ?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Thompson Elite dropper has any user options for the force needed to compress it ??
    I want to make it easier to compress even if it is slower to then rise up… or doesn’t go all the way?

Ultimately need a 25kg kid to be able to depress it…

scuttler

Not aware of any adjust but I’m sure one of my kids will weigh 25kg so I can try them out. Mines the covert/internally routed one if that makes a difference.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I doubt a kid could even press the stock lever. Its pretty firm. I think you would need a 3rd party one with more leverage.

stevextc
    Free Member

I doubt a kid could even press the stock lever. Its pretty firm. I think you would need a 3rd party one with more leverage.

Less worried about that is its easily remedied can even stick and old modified left hand shifter on….which should give plenty of leverage.

Not aware of any adjust but I’m sure one of my kids will weigh 25kg so I can try them out. Mines the covert/internally routed one if that makes a difference.

Well if they can press it down then no adjust necessary so I don’t think it makes much difference for that test… I know my rockshox even if I lower the pressure to the point it won’t come back up his weight won’t lower it… though he can lower it by getting off and using two hands to push and pull.

stevextc
    Free Member

Scuttler … it arrived and I decided to give it a go. No real way to test except fitting so I went ahead.

At first I thought I’d made a bad choice and he could only drop about 2cm or 4-5 by “jumping” but gave it a workout today and it freed up goes pretty much all the way down.

No problems at all with the remote (other than it’s a bit crappy for a stem of that RRP) but he can press it easily though I did use a jagwire lined cable outer and teflon inner….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thompson Elite Dropper – Adjustment for Weight ?’ is closed to new replies.