Thoughts about the On One MKM 35 Rigid Carbon fork?

Home Forum Bike Forum Thoughts about the On One MKM 35 Rigid Carbon fork?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thoughts about the On One MKM 35 Rigid Carbon fork?
  • Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

Thinking of getting the MKM 35 Rigid Carbon fork and wondered if anyone has an experience of it?

Can you feel every bump or does it take out some of the trail chatter?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Fitted one to my SS about 6 weeks ago.

Been pretty impressed with it, tbh.

You get flappy biceps on fast bumpy descents but I think that’s par for the course with a rigid fork.

clubber

Could be wrong but they look very similar to Exotic ones which I have and which have been faultless.

Premier Icon onewheelgood
    Subscriber

They are very similar to the Shimano Pro Xcr 445 which I’ve got. They are rigid, and I would have thought that any shock absorbing qualities they have would be tiny compared to the effect of your tyres.

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

I thought they look the same as the exotic ones. Exotic’s are great imo. Been running them on various bikes for years now. Can’t fault them.

clubber

It is worth saying though that rigid forks are rigid.

There’s a lot of crap written about rigid fork X being more compliant than rigid fork Y and while there is an element of truth to it (eg you can feel the difference), even the most springy rigid forks will all give you a bumpy ride compared to a decent suspension fork (possible slight exception for a Jones style truss fork but that’s not really a rigid fork)

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

The difference between a rigid fork and suspension fork is not in question. I rode a rigid for a while with a Salsa Fargo V2 fork which has a comfortable amount of spring in it. I want to permanently put that on one bike but have a rigid I can swap in and out on my race bike. Some forks can feel real harsh where others don’t and I was trying to gauge where this one sits.

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

If it is the same as the exotic, then its fairly good over the little stuff, but not as good as a swift steel fork, but better over the bigger hits where you get less impact at the bars.

clubber

If it’s like an exotic then middle I’d say but that’s a big assumption.

fejling

I’ve had a set of the on-one MKM 35 29er forks for a few weeks now, had a good few rides and can’t fault them.

jamiep

I have it on my SS. I don’t have anything to compare it to.

That is until yesterday when I instead put on on-one’s cromo fork. The cromo is significantly stiffer and rattly.

Now having the two to compare, I like both but prefer the forgiving carbon one.

If you casn’t get one from the classifieds for ~£70-75 (they always come up) then I’d go for the Exotic, which seems very similar

eskay

Rode Wentwood yesterday on my 26″ with Exotic carbon forks and was quite impressed with them. Climbed like a dream and went downhill well on all but the very roughest of descents.

dader

Do you think my 29+ wheel will fit in these forks?
    Is there somebody who can measure the length between the forklegs?
    I need something like 9cm.
    Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts about the On One MKM 35 Rigid Carbon fork?’ is closed to new replies.