Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • This year.. I have Ridden Considerably more than You…..
  • fergal
    Free Member

It’s time for the smug bastards look where i have ridden this year thread, been any where nice, UK or abroad, time to rub our faces in it.
    To all those i’m considerably richer than you folks, how were the guided trips to Verbier this year 😆

jedi

i ride a bike everyday to some degree 🙂

wwaswas

I’ve ridden for 1.5 hours in the past 7 weeks after falling off and knackering half my rib cage.

It’s dangerous ‘cos I always buy more kit when I’m not riding than when I am.

RealMan
    Free Member

I can count the number of times I’ve been on my bike properly in the last 3 months on my fingers due to broken arm syndrome.

It’s dangerous ‘cos I always buy more kit when I’m not riding than when I am.

+1, I’ve got two more bikes now then when I was riding. Neither have been ridden properly yet…

Stoner
    Free Member

after last year when I hardly did any miles, to the last 3 months where Ive been riding at least 4 or 5 times a week. Not long epics, admittedly, but an hour each evening on a SS in the malverns is great for body and soul.

Havent ridden this much since Mrs S and I rode across europe 5 years ago.

Milky
    Free Member

I quit work at the end of March and hit the road. I’ve been travelling and riding ever since. England, Wales and Scotland. Five days riding each week.
    I know, what a shit.

fergal
    Free Member

No need to be apologise, i was hoping for some serious willy waving, where did you get to on your quest, any outstanding mountains.

Milky
    Free Member

I’m not sure what qualifies as a mountain rather than a really big hill! I’ve been most everywhere, except down to the south west of England. Good trails are pretty subjective but I’ve had very few rides that weren’t great fun!
    I always ride alone and don’t know anyone who rides so I never get to share tales of the trails. As a result the rides all seem to melt into each other in my memory. Not saying I’ve forgotten any of it but rather it feels more like a six month long trail I’ve been riding!
    I shall be doing it again next year so if you have any specific recommendations of loops then let me know!

fergal
    Free Member

Amazingly the South west has some great trails, can thoroughly recommend the Quantocks alps, for a small area, there certainly is some exquisite riding, Dartmoor also offers some reet proper riding, both places i was fortunate to visit this summer, it seems there is relatively permanent sunshine and dusty trails galore compared to oop north.

jam-bo

it seems there is relatively permanent sunshine and dusty trails galore

you’re funny….

If it’s smugness you’re after, I’m Number 1 on the STW September mileage challenge.

crispo
    Free Member

My biking highlights of the year have to be taking part in my first ever race (gisburn dirty dozen) and our lads weekend to the peak district just last weekend. W
    e rode from Castleton around Ladybower the first day and then over to Hayfield and back taking in Jacobs Ladder on the second. The last descent of the day was from Hollins cross down to Castleton and was the highlight. Lovely sunny evening with a crazy (for me) downhill!

Good times…..

devs
    Free Member

I have done 2668.78km this year. All in Scotland, mountain biking on mostly natural trails on proper hills and everything. No commuting or slick tyres here. I’ll comfortably make 4k unless the snow hits early again.

fergal
    Free Member

Thats a myth there are very few natural trails worth riding north of the border, bog snorkling don’t cut it with me i’m afraid, there are a few exceptions of course 😉

GW
    Free Member

jedi – Member

i ride a bike everyday to some degree Be rude not to 😉

devs
    Free Member

Sorry folks. Fergal has sussed me. i did it all riding round in circles in the local park. Go to Wrexham, it’s much nicer.

druidh
    Free Member

Almost 8,000km cycling so far this year. I was hoping to make 10,000km, but there is apparently an early and very severe winter on the way.

Sanny
    Free Member

Verbier was awesome, thanks for asking! Ha! Ha! Explored some terrific new stuff up here in Scotland and the Lakes. Great tour of Mont Blanc last week after a week on Verbier riding some stunning new trails. I reckon Ben Lawyers was one of the classic rides as was some of the big stuff I managed in the Cairngorms. Mountains and biking – what a great idea!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This summer I rode 4300 miles across the states, and another 500 miles in Oregon last week, plus a dose of winter mountain biking epics including frozen loch riding. Probably the most I have ever ridden in a year. Feels good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, France, Isle of Man, NI.

Not nearly enough in Scotland…

jedi

gw,
    i’ll be up 6th-9th nov 🙂
    sorry for hijack

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GW – Member

“jedi – Member

i ride a bike everyday to some degree “

Be rude not to

Indeed. ’tis a rear day I don’t get my leg over.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jedi – Member

gw,
    i’ll be up 6th-9th nov
    sorry for hijack

Wanna go tandemjumping? 🙂

jedi

yeah ok! good call. a few of us will be coming up so stoopidity will abound.
    lets do it!

GW
    Free Member

Cool!! 😀

See you in sunny November 8)

rOcKeTdOg

2626 miles so far this year http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.com/

rOcKeTdOg

Who won then?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘This year.. I have Ridden Considerably more than You…..’ is closed to new replies.