This week’s ‘what headphones’ thread, with a twist; must be good for phone calls

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • This week’s ‘what headphones’ thread, with a twist; must be good for phone calls
  • IHN

I could do with some new headphones. I’d like wireless, ideally not ‘in-ear-canal’ (cos it seems to irritate my ears) but ‘hooked in/on/around’ would be fine. Maybe, maybe, actual cans, but I’m not sure I’m hip enough.

Good musical sound, obvs, but importantly good microphone for making calls. Not bothered about noise cancellation/reduction, I don’t mind hearing a bit of what’s around me.

Ideas/recomendations

richardk

Try the Plantronics/Poly range – Voyager 8200 (cans) or Voyager Focus (semi-cans)

Focus is best for calls as it has a noise cancelling microphone

Premier Icon big_scot_nanny
    Subscriber

I’ve had a pair of Sony’s, WH1000MX2, for a couple of years now, and find them outstanding for phone calls when in ambient sound mode. those on the other end would agree, the sound is extremely good.

I got them for flying and NC, music is very good, but they get used every day for many hours as my primary webconference headset. This is a surprising outcome!

IHN

Cheers chaps. I was hoping for sub £100…

Beats x.

Although they do go in yer lugs but come with a selection of ear bud shapes.

Pretty seamless iphone connection.

Love mine

johndoh

I really like my Apple ones – good call quality and also have the benefit of being able to use just the one (I don’t know if you need to be using an Apple device for this feature to work).

A tad over your budget though.

IHN

Oh yeah, it’s for an Android phone

If you can work with in ear, these are truly excellent.
    https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-mdr-ex650-in-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote-brass/p1525292
    Come with multiple tips to fit. I’ve been using a pair for 4+ years as daily work call headset, as well as travel etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.