• This topic has 35 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mac.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Spot Prizes All Week – Twitter Giveaway! UPDATE!
  • Mark

We’ve got a load of chainstay protectors to give out today. Usual time 2pm.

Heads up for next week..

We have an ex test bike to give away! It’s a Focus hardtail in size large. It’s been in our bike store for many months and we thought the best home for it would be with one of you guys. I’ll post more details on it’s spec and a few pics later via our Twitter feed. But here’s kicker..

If you want to be in it to win it you have to do more then just follow our twitter feed at http://twitter.com/singletrackmag

We are only going to draw a winner from the followers who have changed their profile picture to display our mag logo 🙂 Yes, we are going to try and squeeze some extra promotion for ourselves out of this by exploiting your own Twitter profiles. The logo has to be clearly recognisable in the thumbnail image of your profile. We’ll judge if it is or not on the day of the draw – 20th March 2pm. Logos have to be visible at the time of the draw. WE’ll be randomly handing out some little prizes of stuff we have lying around the office as logo displayer spot prizes from 2pm Thursday. That’s so we can try and squeeze at least 24 hours worth of exploitational promotion out of you 🙂

Grab a pic of the mag, yourself in one of our jerseys, t-shirts, coffee mugs.. etc.. Well not you IN a coffee mug, although that would be very impressive.

It’s shameless promotion on our part but hey! You could end up with a bike.

Remember.. 2pm today for chainstay protectors. Next friday for a bike.

MrSparkle

Is Twatter like My Face and Spacebook then?

headfirst
    Free Member

STW being the democratic meritocracy that it is, wouldn’t it be better to give prizes away to best post of the week, or the OP of best thread of the week, rather than shamelessly ‘buying friends’ on twitter? You ain’t ever gonna compete with stephen fry or lance…

Sandwich

I’m not keen to leave any more evidence of my existence for Mr Murdoch et al to sell on and use for marketing purposes. I don’t think I have anything to hide but I’m not sure what would go against me if push came to shove.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for my won T-Shirt 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Do defaced logos count? 😉

Travis

Dam, read it wrong, I’ve already changed my picture over, no wonder no-one else had done it when I checked Singletrack twitter site… doh! TFIF, time to get out on the bike! 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

twitter is blocked here at work, but i am following the mag so we’ll see…

mike737373
    Free Member

have changed twitter picture but cunningly it still identifes me…albeit a company in cardigan bay might be also grateful for free advertising

eckinspain
    Free Member

Hang on, you say it’s today and then you say it’s on 20th March.

I demand to know if I need to change my picture today

miketually
    Free Member

twitter is blocked here at work, but i am following the mag so we’ll see…

Same here. But, http://www.tweetgrid.com/ isn’t… (Choose a layout, then click the little + next to settings and choose ‘friends’.

Mark

No.. today’s giveaway is just for chainstay protectors.. no profile pic changes needed.. It’s the bike giveaway for next week that needs the pics changing 🙂 But we’ll send out spot prizes for randomly selected profile pics that have our logo in them between now and next week too. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mark, have you got a logo you could post for us to use please? (post it/link?) I have the world’s most bacic PC here at work and can’t even crop or resize anything!

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I can’t update my Twitter profile pic and I’m not the only one. This is the official answer from Twitter:-

Update: we’re still having problems with uploading profile pictures. This is happening across multiple browsers with multiple file types. We’re aware of this issue and working on fixing it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

wors

more chance of me winning then 😀

Mark

Pete,
    You have a week to figure it out. We want to see a variation.. If we posted a logo everyone would use it and where’s the fun in that? 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

so thanks to tweetgrid i know i didn’t win anything. oh well, story of my life!

jimmythecuckoo
    Free Member

Same here. But, http://www.tweetgrid.com/ isn’t… (Choose a layout, then click the little + next to settings and choose ‘friends’.

dabr.co.uk gets past most corporate firewalls too.

miketually
    Free Member

Mark

That’s perfect! 🙂

Mark

Got four small multitools on my desk this morning. Going to hand them out to Twitterers this week for a whole raft of arbitrary reasons. Just get our logo in your profile pic to be innit2winnit 🙂

Other random goodies may cross my path as the week goes on 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

My efforts.

craigward
    Free Member

Hi, I couldn’t find a logo. I have used the mag title, is that OK?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – my profile is now suitably updated with a rather cheeky version of the logo

@simonralli

Harry_the_Spider

…and my Spitfire one.

Mark

Someone is getting a bike tomorrow!

BTW.. It’s used. has v-brakes but is perfectly fine 🙂
    Sold as will be seen in pictures tomorrow. We’ll clean it up and give it a once over with an oily rag and that. I like the carbon bars mind 🙂

disben

My profile – hopefully – updated with a technical version of the logo – see @disben

Enjoy!

disben

In fact….

CliveA

Sandwich – You what?

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks Mark 🙂

claire At singletrackworld DOT com?

terrahawk
    Free Member

cheers? for what? Have you won the old scabby boneshaker?

miketually
    Free Member

No, I won a multitool.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

better than a kick in the head though.

Will-M

A masterpiece, non!

Mac
    Free Member

My ten pence

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Spot Prizes All Week – Twitter Giveaway! UPDATE!’ is closed to new replies.