Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • This weeks 'dull' ride in the Burgh area…may or may not be Pentlands
  • ojom
    Free Member

So, based on it being uber rubbish weather tomorrow does anyone wish to suggest a plan for tomorrow night?

Being responsible we need to consider the wetness and such.

Street playing maybe?

Or indeed – the pub. Cask n Barrel may have Jaipur IPA on still…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d happily ride flatlands cyclocross stylee.

Currie / ratho / queensferry / dalmeny ?

It won’t feel right to me not to do 30 + miles on a Wed

ton

never mind organising bloody bike rides………….
    what about organising me some new 5/10s???? 😉

Garry_Lager

I’d happily ride flatlands cyclocross stylee.

Currie / ratho / queensferry / dalmeny ?

It won’t feel right to me not to do 30 + miles on a Wed Sounds good – I did precisely this ride on Sunday in reverse and it was a good loop, although filthy in the wet. Well not quite precisely, came back in on the canal straight from Ratho. Is there a canny way to Ratho from Currie away from the roads?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is there a canny way to Ratho from Currie away from the roads?

Yes – Along the canal to near herriot watt then there is a backroad / lane / path that runs to Currie via a level crossing thats not for cars

There is also a canny cut thru from the canal to newbridge as well to join the old railway

Its hardly mountainbiking but its a pleasant route I do now and then

mustard
    Free Member

I’m up for some sik street action followed by some pub action?! I’ll pack lots of spare tubes too! 😉

13thfloormonk

I’m up for something (not street though, I’ll just try to relive the uni days and huck some steps to flat, won’t work on the CX bike I don’t think…).

Could lead around some city singletrack (lots of sprintiness and roots) or alternatively would be up for something like TJ’s suggestion.

robgarrioch

Not me, still learning how to make raise a babby.. Think it’s the last one though so might sneak into next weeks, or the next.

Nipping up tonight though, probably more or less the same route you’se did last week.

ojom
    Free Member

Ton – not in shop today – you after some shoes? We dunny do the 5/10’s. Call Si at 18, i think he might.

jimmy

Cask and Barrel, you say? 6pm sharp you say? Kebab Mahal you say?

ojom
    Free Member

Kebab Mahal…. you got me at Ke…

‘When this is all over Jimmy me an you are going to get an apartment together’

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Weather forecast is fine for tomorrow ya big bunch o softies

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I already have vague plans for tomorrow night and next Wed is out but here’s an early shout for the 1st of December. That’s only two weeks away. I’ll guide a ride round Midlothian for anybody that thinks they’re ‘ard enuff.

jimmy

OK home dogs, here’s my side of the story. I’m taking my hunky commute bike to work. If anyone fancies a swift lap or two of Arthur’s Seat, or roll along the canals to earn the subsequent pint or two and maybe a kebab, I am all over that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I will be riding a decent length route.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

For those with thursday free, Edinburghbikepolo.com

nudge nudge. We’ll be playing inside to hide from the wetness then onto the Tourmalet for a few pints.

jimmy

I will be riding a decent length route

*snigger*

ojom
    Free Member

Surly will be joining the KHS

druidh
    Free Member

21:45 on a Tuesday night and no decision?

I like TJs idea of a tour of the cyclepaths. At least it’s a decent distance and we can surely stop for beer / chips / Maccy D’s en route.

I’ll appear on the hybridised Onion and see what transpires.

So – shop at 6:30 and no Bonaly meet?

ojom
    Free Member

I will Execute command.
    Shop at 6.30.

Done.

druidh
    Free Member

I knew the thought of a Big Mac would have you.

mustard
    Free Member

Booo!

I’d best put the skinny tyres on the 29er then 😥

There was me about to build up the old hardtail for some street action too – next time eh?

7hz
    Free Member

Was on the Union Canal path today, good cycling from the city end to start of Water Of Leith path.

Water Of Leith path was a bit wet and muddy in places, but not too bad. Forecast for tomorrow is windy but no rain, so paths should be not too bad.

debaser

Will come to the shop for half six on my hybridy bike ready for riding and the pub yet somehow inappropriately attired for both.

Mark – if I order some stuff from you today online/by phone could I pick it up tonight, avoiding me demanding to buy stuff when you’ve already cashed up.

ojom
    Free Member

Of course,
    just order in the usual manner and set to pick up in store.

We will have it to one side for you.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got the builders coming in to trash my flat for the next few weeks so I might not be out to play for a while 🙁

13thfloormonk

See you at 6:30.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – I would be up for a tour of Midlothian on the 1st.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Can’t make it this week, playing nurse. Dec 1st run sounds good.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Been lurking on these threads for a bit, and I’m tempted to finally get around to joining you gents now that I’m working in the Burgh again. I would probably struggle to get there on time tonight, and doubt I’d be able to keep up on the flat on the SS bike anyway.

Assuming I can get to the shop on time some other Wednesday, do you still have a few sets of lights TBC?

ojom
    Free Member

hey – we will have some new lights next week for demo/loan.
    Currently have a few anyways but the good ones come next week.

Going to have some sweet NiteRider 250 Cordless ones. (Ran at 2pure is helping us out with a few loaners!)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not a problem thesurfbus, will post again nearer the time. Did it a few weeks ago and everybody had a good time(I think). Don’t know if we’ll be welcome in the pub at this time of year, leaving puddles of mud(are they a band?)everywhere.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well that was pleasant – a nice amble thru the dark scenery and a visit to a pub en route.

druidh
    Free Member

Hey Teej – thanks a lot for suggesting that route. 43.5 km for me. I really, really enjoyed that. Nae faff, good company, super beer. We need to get to the Bridge Inn 15 minutes earlier next time though – so we can take part in the pub quiz.

jimmy

WHAAT DID YOU SAY COL?!?!?!?!

That was ace. Winter miles summer smiles and all that jazz…

debaser

Enjoyed that rather a lot. A refreshingly different ride. Good beer to mileage ratio (although staying for another was seriously tempting) and some of that was interesting on skinny tyres.

cheers folks.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Sounds like a good night. Was it out through Queensferry, then pickup the canal through Broxburn to the Bridge Inn?

Will definitely tag along for this sometime if I can get some lights and leave work on time. Having ridden through Dalmeny on my own in the dark before though, it can be an interesting experience (hence I now turn around on my midweek ride at Cramond Brig).

13thfloormonk

The confused owl sitting in a bush at head height 3ft from the trail was a definite highlight.

Think I won ‘least appropriately dressed for the pub’ looking like the Black Lycra Assassin..

ojom
    Free Member

The owl that flew in front of me was amazing.
    The ladies in the bar loved us (and my now retired moustache) so much they said ‘thanks guys’ when we left. We must have been buff.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pixelmix – Member

Sounds like a good night. Was it out through Queensferry, then pickup the canal through Broxburn to the Bridge Inn?

Thru the dalmeny estate to Queensferry along the shore, old railway line to newbridge, sneaky cut thru to the canal to the west of ratho with a visit to the bridge inn on the way back to edinburgh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘This weeks 'dull' ride in the Burgh area…may or may not be Pentlands’ is closed to new replies.