Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • This week's car DAB question.
  • zippykona

We are looking at getting a car with a screen for a radio which also does sat nav. Is there any way of fitting DAB that will keep the screen.
    I just want to be able to start the car and have the radio going without having to plug this bit in and turn that bit on.

jota180
    Free Member

Does it have a ‘line in’ or USB input?

You could just feed the DAB as an external source

wagenwheel

Autodab do add on kits for most cars. Have a look on their website.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

This is under the flap above the screen.
    I could plug anything in but ideally I’d like to be able to use it with buttons on steering wheel.

edit I’m assuming on aux it will work on steering wheel. Will the usb power the device and act as some sort of aerial?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I went the Pure Highway DAB route which feeds in through the FM aerial socket. Works brilliantly but you need to factor in a decent aerial. I tried the screen mounted type first but it was terrible. Not sure if it was due to the elements in heated windscreen or just the type of aerial. Replacing the roof mounted aerial fixed it with perfect reception everywhere I’ve driven.
    The unit also gives ipod/phone navigation/playback

wagenwheel

As I have already stated Autodab is the solution, if you want to keep the existing head unit. Many manufacturers use it as an ‘approved’ accessory.

http://www.autodab.com/Product/SWC.aspx

Sandwich

A big plus is that getting into the Note dash is quite easy. It took me about 2 hours to fit a DAB unit to the one here including aerial fitment. The A pillar trim is easy too.

After market steering wheel controls are easily available if you decide to replace the head unit. There’s a sticky on the Note owners forum on how to do it from Flash the moderator.

zippykona

Excellent news , thanks all.
    Rather than beat the garage down on the price I shall try and get a radio fitted.

scaredypants

I’ve not seen an in-car satnav that’s better than a mobile phone as yet – do you need the screen for anything else? I’d be tempted to dump it if that broadened my options for radios

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘This week's car DAB question.’ is closed to new replies.