Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • This weekends project thread
  • RustyMac

What did you all get upto in the good weather?

I have been busy messing about with some old bits of wood and some car speakers I got a while back from the classified’s on here and am in the process of building some speakers to go in my shed.

Hopefully the link takes you to the pic of them i havent figured out how to post the pic from my phone yet.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I finished off this. My sister asked if I’d make her a wendy hoose for her two litle girls. It needed to be flat pack-able to go on her roof rack to take back to Dublin for reassembly. I suppose when the kids grow up they can put a hinge on the roof and make a coal bunker from it.

RustyMac

You would turn up making my efforts look school boy and a bit rubbish. Not that I’m jealous or anything 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

spent yesterday having a cracking day at GT and today I fitted new brake discs and pads front and back to my car in prep of its MOT

cheekyboy
    Free Member

McMoonter
    Do they still have coal fires in Ireland ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Do they still have coal fires in Ireland ?

I’m not sure, I’ve certainly smelt peat burning in Stoneybatter.

stumpy01

Well, I washed my cat for about the first time in two years and seem to have pulled some muscles in my lower back…am sure there’s a lesson in there somewhere.

organic355
    Free Member

thats one tolerant (& smelly) cat!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXIZuIBJKs[/video]

RustyMac

Stumpy01 that is my job for tonight! Wash and vacuum the car 🙄

Building the speakers seemed a far more interesting prospect over the weekend, however it was mentioned last night that they may be a little large for there application as the shed is only 6’x8’ and the speakers are 400x220x110 mm.

stumpy01

rusty mac – problem with washing the car is I have now discovered what not washing it for 2 years has done to the paint….hmmm. So, I think it now needs another clean & a day spent with a clay bar to give the paint a bit of tlc. Not done it before, but have read good things about it!

Speakers sound maybe a little large, but better that than too small! How did you settle on those dimensions? Matched to the drivers or just what looked right? Years ago a friend made an enclosure for a sub using an online calculator wherefore you put in the spec of the sub & it gave you recommended enclosure sizes. Seem to remember it worked quite well.

RustyMac

So far all done by eye and what looks right for the speakers and space i want to put them in. I didn’t realise there was a scientific way of calculating the air space required!

The speakers are just regular in door types rather than a large sub or 6×9 so i figured they would have limited air space in general fitting it wouldn’t matter when it came to putting them in a box.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘This weekends project thread’ is closed to new replies.