Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • This Website
  • andysandes
    Free Member

There is probably a thread somewhere already, but search is terrible. I know I could pay a subscription, but trying to use this website on chrome on landscape iPad and every page is all over the place while millions of adverts load and change the layout. Menu is no visible due to black advert panel with black font!!

I could go on, it’s a great website content wise, but worried they will put casual users off because the free version is shocking. It’s like they’ve never tested it.

If I was at work I’d raise a few defects and hopefully we could get them fixed. Maybe they should get some users on here to beta test their new releases. I’d happily do it for free.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve ‘seen’ cleaner wares sites than STW, and that’s not a joke.

jekkyl

lol haha yeah good one..testing haha

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

beta test their new releases

arf. welcome to alpha-ville.

bruneep

When logged out on a random basis I enjoy nothing more than playing whack a mole trying to catch the login button without inadvertently hitting an advert.

🙄

andysandes
    Free Member

facepalm

slackalice
    Free Member

You say you like the content, which I guess means you value it? When a similar thread to this popped up a month or so ago, someone mentioned that for less than £2 per month, the website becomes ad free without the loading or page jumping issues experienced by some, not all, iPads.

It’s true. 🤗

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Its ok, the site REALLLY values your privacy….. (i get 2-3 notices per visit, every visit)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Works fine on my iPad.

tomhoward

And mine (and my iPhone, My MacBook and my work laptop, running chrome)

andysandes
    Free Member

Yeah I should subscribe. Wasn’t really the point, it was more a comment that a business that will rely on all revenue streams might want to invest in some testing.

I’ve no idea how much they rely on non subscribers generating advert revenue. If it’s a significant part of their business (which it is for a lot websites) then they need to test it……or lose traffic.

Wasn’t expecting much really from the post, but didn’t know where else to direct the feedback. Trying not to moan as have used the site for years, more wanted to let them know!

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    pondo

I don’t get the privacy notice on my laptop, get it seemingly increasingly on the phone – cookies enabled, cookie killer deployed more than once, only get the issue on this site, didn’t get it before the update, only getting it since. Kind of accepting that **** all’s going to happen about it now, it won’t stop me coming here as the content is sufficiently great but what an annoying imposition.

cdoc
    Free Member

Just out of interest, as well as removing most ads, does a Premier membership do anything about the multitude of third party scripts, usage trackers and the like?
    Pinkbike seem to get by with none.

Its ok, the site REALLLY values your privacy

Yes, to the fraction of a penny it will earn when batch sold to data analytical companies, most likely.

DezB
    Free Member

The search works fine… it’s finding the threads that tell you how to use it that’s the problem. Arf.

Here’s a hint. Always, no.. Never… no erm yeah always search from THIS page. I think.

pondo

Privacy prompt seems to get worse and worse. 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

It’s farcical. I used to spend ages on here contributing, paying for Premier membership and a print sub. Since the website was broken by the current developers I have stopped subscribing and hardly visit the site anymore.

hols2
    Free Member

spooky_b329

Are RSS Readers still a thing? I’d love to just be able to browse without clicking on the wrong thread or losing where I was in the forum index when the page jumps. It’s only marginally better than the local newspaper sites with their multiple popups and ads that deliberately cover the content and hide the tiny X button somewhere random.

Onzadog
    Free Member

They value my privacy! Every. Single. Time. I. Click. On. A. ****. Page!

But what’s most fun, is the way the page moves just after you click and takes you to some random page. A page I didn’t want to go to. But it’s okay, because in that page, guess what, they value my **** privacy again.

Is it actually possible to accidentally build a site this bag or does it take an IT genius with a warped sense of humour?

It reminds me of when Carlton from the Fresh Prince used to start dancing. You just knew he had to be an excellent dancer to be able to dance that badly.

tjagain

They value my privacy! Every. Single. Time. I. Click. On. A. ****. Page!

But what’s most fun, is the way the page moves just after you click and takes you to some random page. A page I didn’t want to go to. But it’s okay, because in that page, guess what, they value my **** privacy again.

this. virtually unusable on my phone.

avdave2

It’s like they’ve never tested it.

You think you could make something this bad without an awful lot of work and testing. No chance.

“It costs a lot of money to look this cheap!”

pondo

The Privacy popup is still gash.

sirromj

This website, why yes, yes it is.

doomanic

I have never suffered from the privacy issue.

Harry_the_Spider

I never get the privacy pop up thing.

DickBarton

As you pay, they value your money more. 😉

leffeboy

I visited the site on a ‘non-Drac’ iPad yesterday evening and it really was a miserable experience.  Signed back in as fast as I could and all is well again

doomanic

Rather than edit my last post to show only the positive part of it you should have deleted it completely.

The site is broken and you won’t get a penny from me in any way until it’s fixed.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘This Website’ is closed to new replies.