Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • This weather
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Brilliant for biking, isn't it? But what about the lack of rain?

The lawn at work is completely yellow, but so far the woods are still lush and verdant all round. How long before the natural environment starts to suffer, do you think?

wrightyson
    Free Member

It's brilliant. Camping booked fo this weekend again! Long may it continue. Could do with a good drought in my local woods tho, sick of being lacerated by all the greenery ha ha! 🙂

trailmonkey

We'll get our mean annual rainfall eventually. Enjoy it until then.

nickc

How long before the natural environment starts to suffer, do you think?

Never. it's a lack of rain for a couple of months is all. Happened before will happen again

mrsflash
    Free Member

I seem to recall predicting this a while ago. you can thank me now 😀

lazlo53
    Free Member

If people think this is normal then it's time for a reality check (2nd time I've agreed with you Molgrips)

firestarter
    Free Member

yes you did clare have to get rich back on the case for next year too 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep, really noticed how yellow everything was going out last Sunday compared to just a week earlier. The local gamekeeper reckoned wheat prices were going to go through the roof later this year.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Don't get used to it, I daresay in a couple of weeks (once the hose pipe bans start coming into effect!) people'll be getting flooded!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

a lot of the reservoirs/lakes I've seen have been very low, apart from Rydal which I suppose is topped up from Grasmere…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Ask anyone about the weather for yesterdays CRC Marathon.

We've had rain up here.

Reluctant
    Free Member

The lawn's died and the trails are dusty – hooray!! – on both counts. Less gardening, more riding 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Could do with a splash of rain tomorrow so cannock is grippy for my ride there on Wednesday 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Never. it's a lack of rain for a couple of months is all. Happened before will happen again

I'm not concerned for all the little planty wanties.. I mean everything outside the garden still looks fresh as ever – I was just wondering how long this would have to continue before bracken or undergrowth would start to show stress. Or trees – I seem to remember back in the 90s some urban trees losing a few leaves in those dry summers.

yunki
    Free Member

If people think this is normal then it's time for a reality check

normal when compared to what..? I'm glad that we're getting something resembling a summer.. first one for a few years..
    happy days

hosepipe bans and standpipes are just as normal as wet windy washouts..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘This weather’ is closed to new replies.