Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • This track pump? Why yes, yes it is.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Rubber_Buccaneer

When I own the forum I’m going to abuse my power to make the swear filter convert ‘Why yes, yes’ to something I find entertaining.  I don’t know what yet but why yes, yes I will 😀

u02sgb
    Free Member

Tubeless specific chuck looks like a good idea.

Would I buy it? Why yes, yes I would (just for Rubber_Buccaneer).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Tubeless specific chuck looks like a good idea

Possibly but Lezyne pumps have a bad rep with valve core removal so if

the chuck is designed so that you can remove the valve core

you actually have to remove the core yourself rather than the damn pump doing it and deflating your freshly inflated tyre then they are making progress.

funkmasterp

Still not a patch on 29er specific saddles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still not a patch on 29er specific saddles.

That remains a paragon of nichemongering. The recent ebike specific shoes come pretty close.

Northwind

Mmm. Thing is, pumps do always work best for specific sorts of pressure range. So why not get one that suits your bike best? Not saying have one for each bike but if you only ride road bikes, you’d choose one that’s good at inflating small tyres to high volumes, if you only ride mountain bikes that makes no sense and you’re better with the opposite…

BenjiM

I’ve had one since September (Lezyne Sport Gravel Drive) and it works fine for CX tyres, (not sure about Gravel tyres 😉 ) The chuck can be hit and miss with removable valve cores however having the valve core tool built into the chuck is a neat idea. That said I’ve also purchased a separate dual valve pump head to do Schraeder valves on the BMX’s.

It’s got a much smoother action and a much larger dial than the Topeak Joe Blow it replaced, however the pressure doesn’t go as high but I don’t need to inflate anything over 100psi anyway.

Digger90
    Free Member

I was gobsmacked to discover that ‘Indoor cycling-specific shoes’ is a thing.

I mean…. WTF????

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fine for CX tyres

Should have bought a CX specific pump.

sirromj

Did I read the title as This pump track? Why yes, yes I did.
    edit: disappointed but relieved.
    edit#2: I always thought the tubeless specific chuck the way they should have done it in the first place.

funkmasterp

I was gobsmacked to discover that ‘Indoor cycling-specific shoes’ is a thing.

I mean…. WTF????

That’s close to the saddle

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Stoopid. My Bonty Flashcharger does it all and has a pressure vessel built in. Now THAT’S a track pump for tubeless mid volume tyres.

alexnharvey
    Free Member

This thread title why yes fad is **** annoying. Nearly as bad as the Sorry… ones

DezB
    Free Member

Much as I find a tubeless specific chuck quite arousing, I’d put my Lidl £6.95 pump up against one of those £100 ones any day.
    (I’ve got 2 dead Lezynes in the garage, so I know the Lidl one is better)

nedrapier

Lezyne Sport Gravel Drive

Aspirationally priced to attract those with gravel drives?

bearGrease

Did I read the title as This pump track? Why yes, yes I did.

Me too. Was worried for a while.

A while bike I heard one of the (non-cycling) school run mums explaining her new bike was a “gravel bike” so gravel biking is dead to me now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘This track pump? Why yes, yes it is.’ is closed to new replies.