• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • This toolbox…? Why yes, yes it is
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“We start with a Pelican case with subtle graphics on the shell with the custom touch of an engraved name tag in signature Abbey Green.”

https://abbeybiketools.com/collections/tools/products/team-issue-toolbox-2019

kayak23

I wouldn’t trust anyone that turned up with that. Looks like they’d be too scared to touch anything for fear of getting their tools dirty.

Where’s the space for the sea of zipties floating around, the twisted mech you might just one day use, the collection of flat-headed screwdrivers when all you need is a phillips. the pot of assorted nipples, brake bolts and cable ends? Pah… 😒

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

the pot of assorted nipples, brake bolts and cable ends? Pah

martinhutch

Doesn’t appear to include a big hammer. And needs more Swarovski crystals at that price.

kayak23

Fair enough. Worth over a grand then 😂👍

DezB
    Free Member

Does it ship with the sound of furious garage-based fapping?

slowoldman

Apparently suitable for your “weekend adventure”. So for a fortnight away sir will need our bigger set.

stumpy01

Oh God. It actually depresses me that there is (apparently) a market for this stuff….

$55 for a ‘wash buddy’ or chainkeeper as most people would know it:

Wash Buddy

or just get one from Wiggle for £6:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-chain-keeper/?sku=5360743883

I can understand treating yourself to a nice tool for a particular job – but $55 for something that just keeps your chain tensioned with the back wheel out….

fasthaggis

$1000 of the cost is the Peli case 😉

dogbone

My mate and I met these guys at Bespoked. We were at bit pissed by that point so mostly took the piss as they used Imperial metric (1.35″ etc). No regrets.

DezB
    Free Member

I can foresee a strong thumbs-up-recommend! appearing on Fresh Goods later this week 😆

joemmo
    Free Member

just wait until they bring out an e-specific ltd. edition.

Hats off to the inclusion of a Knipex pliers wrench though, the one tool that I have in common with that set.

fasthaggis

just wait until they bring out an e-specific 27.5 ltd. edition.

Edit > I do have a set of those Wera keys in cute colours though< edit 🙂

Tracey

Puts my Aldi Tote bag to shame

tthew

I recovered a couple of Pelican cases from obsolete instruments at work and in my honesty put them in the pile of useful stuff that gets auctioned for charity occasionally, intending to bid for them as tool boxes.

Bloody disappeared. 😤 I should have bunged them in the back of my van and said nowt.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘This toolbox…? Why yes, yes it is’ is closed to new replies.