Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • This Swedish estate? Yes please.
  • matt_outandabout
    Waderider
    Free Member

No it’s not. Maybe if it hadn’t had its ride and handling ruined and inappropriate wheels fitted. Looks like an 18 years olds toy car.

matt_outandabout

The orange colour is standard Saab – I used to be driven to work in one by my first boss… and he had white walls, in 1989… Just not the estate or oddball suspension.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This I like, oddly the lady in the pic looks a spitting image of my Mother back then too..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Was this ever a success? I get the design profile, but the frontal area is just a bit too long and ungainly..

Neat though..

hodgynd
    Free Member

My dad had one of those Saab’s way back.. when they first came over here ..bought brand new from a dealership in Carlisle ..if I remember correctly they were a two stroke engine?..rear facing ” seat ” in the back ?

matt_outandabout

Yes, early ones were two stroke.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

No it’s not. Maybe if it hadn’t had its ride and handling ruined

How do you know that? You don’t, you just thought you’d make yourself look clever by putting it down. You’ve not built it or driven it, just an Internet know it all

If the air ride has been installed correctly (which it probably has been looking at the standard to which it’s been built) and set up nicely it’s very probably better than the original suspension.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I love Saabs but the Sonett was an abomination.

The loss of Saab is one of manufacturing’s greatest tragedies.

winston
    Free Member

Very true. The OP estate is fantastic.

I used to have a T16 which was great and a 9-5 aero estate which……wasn’t, as they were on the way out then.

Crying shame as they were true innovators and just did it their way, like Citroen used to do before they went mainstream and….stayed in business!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

You don’t, you just thought you’d make yourself look clever by putting it down. You’ve not built it or driven it, just an Internet know it all

This place gets more like Facebook every day.

spxxky
    Free Member

You don’t, you just thought you’d make yourself look clever by putting it down. You’ve not built it or driven it, just an Internet know it all

Trolls – Another Scandinavian creation 🙂

duncancallum

Ahh a Ford V4 engine as fitted to a mk1 tranny

I like that

DezB
    Free Member

You’ve not built it or driven it, just an Internet know it all

New here?

Very cool, that saab, wouldn’t like to try to keep one running though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I just flicked over to eBay to search for Saab 95’s and that orange modded one is on there, priced £17k. It’s had a load of modifications done to it..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Trolls – Another Scandinavian creation 🙂

‘LIKE’

derek_starship
    Free Member

Got to love the 9-3 Viggen.

0-60 in 6.4 s and a useful 230 BHP to take it to 155 mph.

Developed without interference from GM so arguably the last true Saab.

bukobuko
    Free Member

I just love Wagons, One of many Audi avantsestate car

derek_starship
    Free Member

Go on then. I’ll post a pic of my 2010 9-3X (again).

derek_starship
    Free Member

winston
    Free Member

Erm…… the 9-3 was GM through and through (GM2900 platform)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Erm…… the 9-3 was GM through and through (GM2900 platform)

I know, I know. But the Viggen was developed by Saab’s special vehicle operation group in collaboration with TWR.

jimdubleyou

Anybody else disappointed this thread isn’t about lakeside house in 100 acres of Swedish forest?

funkmasterp

Anybody else disappointed this thread isn’t about lakeside house in 100 acres of Swedish forest?

Yep

matt_outandabout

With Elke to show you around?

chickenman

Did that Saab not have a freewheel (like a bike, no engine braking)?

seosamh77
    Free Member

has saab ever made a good looking car?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Plenty. But beauty is subjective.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Viggen? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606255249783?keywords=Viggen&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=SAAB&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&postcode=bb47dy&page=1

johndrummer
    Free Member

I thought the Saab Viggen was a jet fighter

https://goo.gl/images/JnEYxh

CountZero

I thought the Saab Viggen was a jet fighter

It is, but why shouldn’t the Saab car division use the name for one of their cars?

All Saab’s are not created equal; Stig Blomqvist showing how to drive a V4 Saab 99.

cynic-al
    Free Member

This estates are lovely imo, I thought about buying one a few years ago. Lots of great design ideas, and I love that colour, but the mods less so.

slowoldman

Did that Saab not have a freewheel (like a bike, no engine braking)?

Yes a mate of mine had a 95 or 96, I forget which, with freewheel (it was switchable). I have memories of Stig in a 96 in Clipstone forest.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘This Swedish estate? Yes please.’ is closed to new replies.