Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • This Sarkozsy Burka Business
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Burkas strike me as rather odd, and I’m not confident that I understand the mentality which leads to the wearing of them, or leads to people pressuring other people to wear them.

However, I’m afraid we do have to accept that large numbers of muslim women cover up (even if they do not do the full burka) entirely voluntarily and because they feel that this is morally, religiously and/or culturally superior to the very high levels of public semi-nudity and sexualisation that we are used to.

Now, there may be a real problem with human rights lurking around down there for some (possibly for many) people. But I can understand why any woman wouldn’t necessarily want to be on the receiving end of my own slightly predatory semi-staring in the street, or the incredible rash of comments that anyone who accidentally posts a picture of their wife looking a bit tubby gets on here, or the leering that a picture of Megan Fox in hotpants gets etc etc.

I suspect that part of the hostility to muslim women covering up is that it makes the rest of us feel judged, whether we are women wandering around in minimal clothing or men who like to peer at women. And we don’t like feeling judged.

Banning one woman from wearing what she wants to so that everyone else can get on with “appreciating” tiny little shorts seems odd. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard shut up. Seriously.

well now you have persuaded me with your powerful use of logic and reasoning …

tankslapper
    Free Member

Hora – I must say I’m a wee bit lost also by your outburst? 🙄

Admittedly Junkyard perhaps over generalised but there appears some truth in what he says – no?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sorry. I would get involved, but I’m too ill. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

I love girls with seriously-toned legs in short skirts.

Tea Leoni in Bad Boys, her legs there were the ultimate for me 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hora is generally a weathervane, and there are very, very few things on which he has a reasonably constant and unwavering opinion. His fear and horror of islam however has been a consistent feature of his online persona for as long as I can remember. You are baiting him on possibly the only authentic belief he has. Tread carefully. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Sufism. I think I could give that branch some less ‘general’ heat. Sufi poetry. Magical.

surfer
    Free Member

Admittedly Junkyard perhaps over generalised but there appears some truth in what he says – no?

Yes and no.
    Yes there are instances of terrible abuse in this country. The No bit being that this abuse is not sanctioned, legitimised and perpertuated by our legal system.

G
    Free Member

Really?

Spongebob
    Free Member

I suspect that part of the hostility to muslim women covering up is that it makes the rest of us feel judged, whether we are women wandering around in minimal clothing or men who like to peer at women. And we don’t like feeling judged.

I don’t feel judged whatever i’m wearing and frankly I couldn’t give a damn what people think of how I look, REALLY!

The speech from Gordaon sounds good, but in practice, will it make things better, or will minorities feel undermined by the increased surveillance and invasion of privacy? You can just hear them all complaining about being victimised. Like black people and stop and search issue many years ago. You have to rely on these people to self-regulate themselves, but this clearly hasn’t stopped this threat to our security. If we let it go, we’ll end up with the same strife that’s afflicting Pakistan.

I’m really dubious about any plan to fix this. You can’t interfere with dogma. Remember that “rule by the rod” religions don’t tolerate descent, where free thinking and questioning the scriptures is literally punishable by death. (yes this really is happening still).

You can begin to see why Henry the 8th decided on the disolution of the monasteries. Religion is a powerful monster, it controls so many gullible people and is incredibly dangerous.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tankslapper – Member

“How’s that ?”

Weak.

It’s a sticking plaster on a problem that’s here already.

😀 I wasn’t asking if you agreed to what Brown was saying Slapper – it goes without saying that you were going to disagree with him !

I was asking how’s that for an example of the “government actively discussing this subject” ……….. I think you asked the question – remember ?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Ernie – you’re right! 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie – you’re right!

WTF you playing at mate ? …………. what do you mean I’m ‘right’ ? 😯

Play by the rules Slapper – and don’t use devious tactics 😕

hora
    Free Member

Nevermind Sarkozy and his hot wife. Just look at the 71yr old Billionaire in Italy. Boy does he know how to live out his last years in STYLE!

and what does our one-eyed Scottish idiot do?

Sandwich

Personally I can’t stand the burka wearing women dressing me with their eyes 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL @ Sandwich !

backhander
    Free Member

I neither like nor dislike islam nor muslims but I would like all of the muslim women to wear Burkas. Not because I think they should be subservient to males or for any other religious or political reason but because they’re **** ugly. 😀

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Not because I think they should be subservient to males or for any other religious or political reason but because they’re **** ugly.

I’d like to beat you to a pulp for being shit stupid but i don’t think the law would let me. The law is an ass.

hora
    Free Member

I had a ex of Pakistani-origin who wasnt ugly. She was cute. We broke up as around the time there was alot of inter-racial fights in my hometown and it just wasnt safe for her or me. No, the whites werent to blame then.

backhander
    Free Member

Heathen you’re welcome to try however I think you may come unstuck.
    Ok I am sorry for making a poor joke about a topic people feel so strongly about, bad taste but no offence meant.

tankslapper
    Free Member

hora – Member

I had a ex of Pakistani-origin who wasnt ugly. She was cute. We broke up as around the time there was alot of inter-racial fights in my hometown and it just wasnt safe for her or me. No, the whites werent to blame then.

I went out with a catholic girl, she was gorgeous. We broke up as it was unsafe for both of us – now that sounds familiar!

That’s the point I’m trying to make here – ernie I agree that the government is trying something – it’s just I’ve seen sectarianism first hand and its the last thing I’d want to see in this country. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

I went out with three Irish Catholic girls, two were best friends, the other was a sister of one. Gawd, why was I such an utter slag in my youth again? 8)

tankslapper
    Free Member

Irish Catholic girls – aaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhh!

Benefits of a convent education! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Amelia, Roseen and Lena. 😀 The ****-bank may be abit out of date but the memories, eeee

tankslapper
    Free Member

In the ’80s and ’90s the difference between me and the RUC in Northern Ireland was the girls didnt mind me going in and out of Catholic areas….

😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I am still too ill to get involved in this.

Youse wait ’til I’m back and fighting fit. I’m going to unleash unimaginable Hell upon Hora. 👿

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

What we need is a bit of South Park’s Muslim Sensitivity Camp:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155210

Personally i think these ‘muslims’ are starting to become a pain in the arse. If i open my local rag, there is always a story of how one is being victimised, like having to take their veil off when they go in the bank, its not about the veil you effin idiot!!

Could you imagine going over to Pakistan and then demanding a Boddingtons brewery be built for our cultural needs…..im sure they would be as accommodating to us as we are to them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

imagine going over to Pakistan

What’s Pakistan got to do with it ?

Is it because Islam is an ‘alien religion’ ?

………a bit like Christianity and Judaism ?

Keep Britain for the Druids eh ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What, with Human sacrifices and that, Ernie?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Jesus! Oops sorry – Stone Henge!

BigDummy
    Free Member

with Human sacrifices and that

We have just found a use for Hora. 😉

G
    Free Member

Personally I find all religious groups somewhere between slightly potty, and barking mad. As long as they don’t do anyone any harm then thats fine. If they start overstepping the mark then slap them, thats all of them, including the local god bothers.
    Regarding what people wear, frankly thats up to them. If they chose to cover their faces with Burkas, balaclavas or crash helmets thats a free choice, but no petrol and no banking for them. Simple really.

Regarding all the tosh about womens rights and so forth. If anyone on here seriously believes that Muslim men are the only people in this country who “force” their women to do their mans will, I would suggest that you firstly take stock of your racist views, and secondly get a reality check. Personally I’m all for womens rights, and I really don’t like women being oppressed, but FFS lets try to be even handed about it, otherwise you’re just swopping one set of predjudices for another.

Interesting to see how many folk on here are Islamaphobes though.

End

tankslapper
    Free Member

Personally I’m all for womens rights, and I really don’t like women being oppressed

I think it’s terrific that women have the vote and vacuum cleaners have become lighter….

Interesting to see how many folk on here are Islamaphobes though.

Agreed. It’s a sad reflection on the society in which we live G. I myself deal with racial discrimination on a day-to-day basis as a recognised minority British race – its very sad frankly.

DrJ

Interesting to see how many folk on here are Islamaphobes though

Well, it’s a bit tricky to always be clear on the distinction between “Islam” and “the practices in certain countries that are related with Islam”.

So, in the UK, if a woman wants to cover herself in a bed sheet, that’s up to her and if she suffers because no-one feels comfortable talking to an unseen person, with no body language or facial cues, then so be it.

But if that is some sort of thin-end-of-the-wedge where women are obliged to occupy a subservient role, or worse, as is the case in the Gulf states etc., then that is something alien that we can do without, thank you.

G
    Free Member

Yeah but thats becuase you’re a paddy, thats not proper racism…. 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Islamaphobes

Count me in.

As long as they don’t do anyone any harm then thats fine

On previous occasions I have expressed my view that religions are not harmless. They divert scare resources away from more deserving causes, such as health care and education.
    They also force millions into misery as well as economic failure. To say as “as long as they leave me alone” etc is naive.

If anyone on here seriously believes that Muslim men are the only people in this country who “force” their women to do their mans will, I would suggest that you firstly take stock of your racist views

I dont think its racist to criticise a religion. Also the difference between the subjogation and mistreatment of women in the UK is that we and our laws strive to eradicate it and anyone found guilty of such crimes is punished. This is not the case under Sharia law and in many islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia where women are second class and the local laws reinforce this.

lowey

Junkyard shut up. Seriously.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They divert scare resources away from more deserving causes, such as health care and education.
    They also force millions into misery as well as economic failure.

That comment truly deserves the ‘Haute Bollox Award’

RudeBoy
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member
    with Human sacrifices and that

We have just found a use for Hora.

Cheeze; if you offered him up as a sacrifice, you’d only anger the Gods further! 😯

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘This Sarkozsy Burka Business’ is closed to new replies.