Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This really depressed me…..
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Stealing bikes

Personally I think that rather than calling 999, the most suitable action would be to assault him with his own bolt croppers.

As for the other cyclists who ignored him…….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly I think people don’t call the police as they believe they will do nothing about it

DezB
    Free Member

Shit, that’s amazing! Only watch the second one where he was brandishing huge bolt croppers and people stopped and looked at him and just let him get on with it! Pathetic.
    I chased a chav scum who nicked my mate’s bike – unfortunately he had a couple of minutes start and disappeared into a housing estate. There’s no way I’d do nothing.

kaesae
    Free Member

We live in a stupid era, it’s not our business until it’s our shit! then it not the other persons business because it’s not their shit 😯

PiknMix
    Free Member

Amazed at that! if you were the 2 cyclists you would have to say something wouldn’t you?

GrahamS

if you were the 2 cyclists you would have to say something wouldn’t you?

Nope!

If I saw some youngish fittish looking dude with a pair of huge heavy bolt croppers in his bag I wouldn’t challenge him either – I’d imagine getting smacked about the head with a set of those really hurts.

Likewise I doubt I’d directly challenge someone strong enough to Hulk Smash a bike lock.

Like to think I’d call the police though!

Junkyard
    Free Member

We live in a stupid era, it’s not our business until it’s our shit! then it not the other persons business because it’s not their shit

and yet when folk took it to be their business and to ask you where you got the frames from that you were selling you were incredibly silent about where you sourced them

jameso

No suprise.. Would you tackle a scumbag with bolt croppers over someone else’s bike? Evan a £99 special? Maybe as a cyclist we empathise more, but most won’t. It’s not a person at risk or in trouble. “that’s what insurance is for..” etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely the police could not have got there in time? That’s what I’d be thinking anyway.

GrahamS

Surely the police could not have got there in time? That’s what I’d be thinking anyway.

True, but they have access to CCTV. If you can give them a street and a description they might be able to spot the guy riding off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This really depressed me…..’ is closed to new replies.