Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • This Porsche? Why yes, yes it is.
  • funkmasterp

Now that’s a fat bike. I imagine it’ll quit halfway up any decent hill and need to lie down for a spell.

alexpalacefan

Man that’s ugly!

APF

PJM1974
    Free Member

2006 called, asking for Cane Creek?

oceanskipper

Shimano STEPS though. Neat, but not very good – unless they’ve done a Porsche version of it and sealed it properly etc.

2tyred

Why do all these monstrosities that car manufacturers come up with always have wheels with ugly lacing patterns? Or mag spokes?

slackboy

Porsche and other car makers don’t really have a proud history when it comes to bicycles

captainclunkz
    Free Member

As someone who owns a few single crown USD forks, I wouldn’t dare run on an e-bike.

Trimix
    Free Member

I reckon the reason these branded bikes are rubbish is because they are probably dreamed up by the marketing department who fancy associating the brand with some “action lifestyle”.

If they were organised by proper cyclists we could end up with a desirable product. But no.

These remind me of car adverts, the ones where the car is shown on a road that’s empty of other traffic and has some happy well behaved kids in the back, with perhaps a nice dog. Who dreams up these such fake idealised images ? Everyone must see they are so fake it cant possibly convince anyone, can it ?

DezB
    Free Member

probably dreamed up by the marketing department who fancy associating the brand with some “action lifestyle”

Definitely. It’s a full sus bike with slicks. Exactly the bike equivalent of a Chelsea Tractor.
    A poser bike for people with more many than sense.

richmtb

Looks all off-road capable with its full-sus design but has utterly stupid bling wheels and ridiculous tyres.

Are they calling it the Macan?

reluctantjumper

I reckon the reason these branded bikes are rubbish is because they are probably dreamed up by the marketing department who fancy associating the brand with some “action lifestyle”.

I know of a VW dealership that was meant to have put a VW designed bike on the racks on the cars in the showroom but the manager is a roadie so he did a deal with a local shop to have a load of Giant bikes on them instead. Drove a few cross-sales for the bike shop whenever a family came in for an SUV or Transporter from what I was told.

Apart from in dealers it’s very unlikely you’ll see any of these bikes out and about, they’ll most likely be given to regular customers as they buy their next investment 911.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I actually quite like it. That’d be great for my commute over the south downs and along the pothole ridden back roads.

I’ve already got those tyres and an eMTB I can stick them on though.

oldnpastit

Bleugh.

tall_martin

I know of a VW dealership that was meant to have put a VW designed bike on the racks on the cars in the showroom but the manager is a roadie so he did a deal with a local shop to have a load of Giant bikes on them instead. Drove a few cross-sales for the bike shop whenever a family came in for an SUV or Transporter from what I was told.

Same for one Honda group. I never saw of heard any customers express any interest, they have motor bikes and cars in the one show room, possibly the motor bike customer s had more interest, they shifted a fair few dirt bikes.

Most of the other groups had bso on roof racks to drive the sale of accessories.

Pyro

When I bought my Octavia the dealership had a bunch of Condor bikes on the cars as they sponsored the HMT Hospitals development team that fed Condor JLT. When I rode down to collect the car and the dealer spotted my road bike I got invited out on a ride they were doing with the HMT team – great fun day!

IdleJon

Looks all off-road capable with its full-sus design but has utterly stupid bling wheels and ridiculous tyres.

Are they calling it the Macan?

The Macan is Porsche’s biggest seller (followed by the Taycan) so they obviously know something we don’t. 😀

sirromj

What’s going on with the spokes, they look like they have suuuuppppppeeeer long length nipples? ummm tension adjusters a 3rd of the from hub toward rim?

Given the brand’s heritage, why don’t they make more road orientated bikes? Is it because they’d have even less chance of getting it right? I don’t know.

richmtb

The Macan is Porsche’s biggest seller

Yep and the diesel version is the most popular one! Which really does show its all about image if you buy a Macan

johnnystorm

@sirromj the wheels are the old crank bros ones aren’t they?

timbog160

It is the biggest seller because it’s cheap…

The bike is about as gopping as the car on which it’s based…

mogrim

Last saw a Porsche bike back in 2019 in Marbella, I was sitting having a beer by the sea and an eastern European guy with a lot of gold turned up on it. Fitted in perfectly with his image 🙂

tomhoward

@captainflashheart

Feel free to satisfy your curiosity…

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2919580/

(Nothing to do with me)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘This Porsche? Why yes, yes it is.’ is closed to new replies.