Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • This New Forum
  • Mark

Ro.. I’ve decided not to answer your question as I think I’ve already made it clear what our position is on how we expect you to behave. You now have a choice..

Cheers
    Mark

Anonymous
    Free Member

Give me a T give me a ro give me a LL

maxray, if i were trolling, i would have much more fun playing with simon_f_barnes than asking questions which are repeatedly ignored.

I think Mark explained himself just fine

as i, not you, asked the question, i think i determine whether it’s been answered, no?

if you continued like this to the landlord of my local pub …

if your landlord made statements about beer he then refused to explain, then you’d be right. if the moderator of a forum can’t comment on inconsistencies in his requirement for posting, i think it’s worth pursuing.

miketually
    Free Member

if the moderator of a forum can’t comment on inconsistencies in his requirement for posting, i think it’s worth pursuing

I think it’s quite clear what you can and can’t post, isn’t it?

Trekster

ro…I am certainly not as educated or well travelled as your good self but I can understand Marks answer to your witterings..give it a rest!!!

You are beginning to sound like a spoilt school person.

If Mark had not used the”p” word an used some other clever word would that have satisfied you?

jojoA1
    Free Member

It’s proof that we live in a society of plenty when people get so het up about the minutiae of an internet forum.
    A bit of hardship is what’s required to introduce a sense of perspective. Get oot on yer bikes in the pishin rain and snow and you’ll value the luxury of just being dry and warm, never mind worrying about whether you can search for topics or not.

Mark

I’m quite cheerful about this whole debate. After what we’ve been through the last few weeks I think it’s a reassuring sign that we are getting back to normal that there’s these typical Daily Mail style rants about clarification of common sense issues from readers 🙂

And ‘Pissed’ isn’t in our swear filter because we don’t think it’s bad enough that it should be 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

what about **** ?

Thought so 😉

scaredypants

what about **** ?

Thought so [;)]

have all the old daft ones come back as well? :

what tyres for football TT

Thoght not :winkythingy:

re-edit: rong ! thort not
    :hi-fred:

wildrnes
    Free Member

wow you must be really constipated ro

have some ex lax or something get it all out of your system and you will feel so much better

Anonymous
    Free Member

relax, people. stress never achieves anything worthwhile.

i was pointing out that sometimes, ill-advisedly or deliberately, people say something silly. simon allegedly did. mark appeared to. i think the best thing to do under these circumstances is to quickly own up, correct the mistake, and move on. but sometimes, sadly, people make other choices.

as mark so kindly pointed out, i now have a choice. i think i’ll move on…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ro, are you new or did you have a different manifestation on the old forum ?

Anonymous
    Free Member

i was ro on the old forum, and back in about 2004 i was banned – three times, the last time ‘for good’ – for transgressing forum rules. i.e. i was perceived as being ‘a little too harsh’.

however, i like mountain bike people (in the flesh) and it remains a sport i enjoy. i even buy the mag 🙂 frankly, mtb people in person are a damn sight less precious than they are on here. i sometimes wonder how many on this forum actually ride, as opposed to collect bits for their street-cruisers.

i understand marks point, really i do. i just think people can take blunt honesty, as long as the opinion is dearly-held and not said merely to wind people up. but it’s not my forum, and they can make whatever judgments they choose to make.

i guess i’ll be around for as long as i’m considered an attribute. which, history suggests, may not be for very long.

jojoA1
    Free Member

As an aside, ro, my view, which I’m sure you’re not in the least interested in, is that some of what you have posted is unnecessarily confrontational.

Anonymous
    Free Member

As an aside, ro, my view, which I’m sure you’re not in the least interested in,

it’s been my experience that people who aren’t open to the opinions of others have themselves very little of value to offer, so why wouldn’t i care about your opinion?

though examples to support your assertion could only strengthen your case…

miketually
    Free Member

i was ro on the old forum, and back in about 2004 i was banned – three times, the last time ‘for good’ – for transgressing forum rules. i.e. i was perceived as being ‘a little too harsh’.

That’s quite an admission. See ya! (Unless “for good” has been and gone.)

I’ve been here for ever and never been banned. Not sure how anyone could manage it three times.

aracer
    Free Member

back in about 2004 i was banned – three times, the last time ‘for good’ – for transgressing forum rules. i.e. i was perceived as being ‘a little too harsh’.

Why is it I find that so unsurprising?

I’ve been here for ever and never been banned

You’ve just not been trying hard enough 😈

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

which I’m sure you’re not in the least interested in

I think you have this wrong – the obsessionally argumentative (eg me) jump eagerly upon each and every comment to extract maximum value from it. You cannot enjoyably argue lazily, you have to commit effort to the process – a bit like biking perhaps ?

unnecessarily confrontational.

please explain this concept ?

Not sure how anyone could manage it three times

seems very easy really 🙂

Anonymous
    Free Member

That’s quite an admission

not really. i don’t see the point in changing my email address just to get round a legitimate ban, so the moderators already know who i am. i was rather assuming that their recent brush with true internet stupidity would have placed my previous transgressions in perspective.

besides, i’m five years older now. like simon, i’ve grown up. slightly 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Who else is looking forward eagerly to the STW forum archives re-appearing to find out what ro was banned for (assuming the relevant posts/threads weren’t just deleted). Oh, and whilst I’m at it to check whether ro’s assertion that sfb has grown up slightly in the last 5 years has any basis in fact 😈

druidh
    Free Member

I’m finding the post count interesting. I seem to recall something about the bike forum being much busier than the chat forum, whereas now it seems only marginally so.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

, i’m five years older now. like simon, i’ve grown up. slightly

I deny such defamatory allegations!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m finding the post count interesting. I seem to recall something about the bike forum being much busier than the chat forum, whereas now it seems only marginally so.

There’s a bike forum? 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Simon, I was opining that Ro was somewhat confrontational, not you.

Ro, this post below, was a particular one that I perceived to be in a tone that was unnecessarily provocative. I’m not judging you for it, but it’s how it came across to me.

Mark, don’t sit at your keyboard and tell me what I do or don’t want. It’s condescending and, in this instance, completely incorrect.

You were asked, in your position as moderator, to answer a simple direct question relating to a statements you made – unprompted by me – on this thread.

You ignored my question, twice, and repeated a ‘defense’ of an action about which I’m neither interested nor care. If I’m taking the time to come and post here – just as I take the time to search out and buy your magazine in Bangkok or Singapore when I visit – I do care about what I may say and how I may express myself.

I’m a customer. Treat me like one, not like some wandering ninny you stumbled over on the way to an important meeting.

Please. Answer. The. Bloody. Question.

Anonymous
    Free Member

yes, well, it’s confrontational, for sure. ‘unnecessarily’ so? well, that’s where is all gets rather subjective…

as others have pointed out, it’s a storm in a teacup. but it’s also a storm of relevance to a person’s character and public persona.

i believe you should only make statements you can defend or believe in. and when (not if) you say something dumb, you own up fast. i can’t abide people who don’t.

i have been known to utter dumb statements. i have never been known to fail – at some stage – to acknowledge the fact.

people differ. shit happens. life sometimes sucks. what else can i say?

jojoA1
    Free Member

The unnecessity/unnecessariness/disnecessity 😉 of it, was that the issue you were pressing, did not, to my mind, warrant it. But as you say, we’re all different and vive la diffÈrence I say.

It was all very well expressed too, I have to say. Which I always admire in confrontation, necessary or otherwise 🙂

Anonymous
    Free Member

i see from your profile that you’re from my homeland, so you have to be kind to me.

thank you 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

I was simply dissipating any possible confrontation 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I read this and it reminded me of something…

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘This New Forum’ is closed to new replies.