Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • This morning my bike and I were denied access to…
  • spooky_b329

you can’t order from a macdonalds drive thru whilst sitting astride a bike either

I had the same, they spouted health and safety at me. The walk in was shut, it was 10pm at night and we had to resort to a dirty kebab 🙁

And to top it off, a few months later a couple of friends posted to Facebook that they had just being served at the same drive thru, riding their horses 😆

bentudder

I nipped into Waitrose with my Brompton earlier to get some full fat milk for the Udderlets’ breakfast tomorrow. If I’d been able to buy fresh artisinal tapenade at the same time, I would have been tempted to shout ‘House!’ in my best middle class Surrey accent. 😳

antigee

I nipped into Waitrose with my Brompton

supermarkets might be a missing whole categories of potential customers – throw in a bit of energy saving and ASDA could have a lights out / no lights fitted early morning stock clearance event

mrelectric

Transport & planning authorities are gering better in consulting with cyclists and other so-called vulnerable user groups in provision for routes, access, and things like supermarkets being planning. Find out who they are and get involved!

charliedontsurf

I found myself surrounded by security and asked not to stand near the edge of a banister in a Southampton shopping centre.

No bike.
    Just standing
    Leaning against a railing
    Looking down at the new shopping centre

I have no idea what they thought I would do, but they were so pig stupid that they could not tell me why I would not stand in a pedestrian area.

So I stepped back a metre and waited for them to leave. They stayed and watched me stand.

Odd bunch of paranoid retards.

martinhutch

Did you look suicidal? I normally do when I’m taken out to the Trafford Centre for the day.

RV
    Free Member

Just take a CTC bag with you, slip it over the top and it becomes hand luggage. Got me into many hotels and even the Piccadilly Line.

charliedontsurf

Ha… Not suicidal. Just confused. It’s not like we were teenagers up to no good. Two grown men standing in a shopping centre.

Ctc bag… Did you have to negotiate?

I one got a big dummy, the long surly cargo bike on a train, not even in the bike storage area. I hid it behind bins on the platform and suddenly ran on with it before anyone had a chance to stop me.

Deveron53
    Free Member

you can’t order from a macdonalds drive thru whilst sitting astride a bike either, even if there is no one behind you in the queue, they refused to sell me a milkshake but i was welcome to walk into the restaurant, i informed the manager (who just happened to be there behind the poor guy serving) where he could stick his shake, that was 11 years ago and i’ve never darkened their door step since

We have Mark Thomas to thank for that one. He dedicated a whole episode of his Comedy Product programme to taking the p!ss out of McDonalds. Used the drive thru with a clown Car, tank etc. Someone will be along in a minute with the youtube link…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘This morning my bike and I were denied access to…’ is closed to new replies.