Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • This Marble Arch Mound Thing…
  • Harry_the_Spider

What the Hell were they thinking?

£2m spunked away.

At £8 a pop that would have required 250,000 people wanting to climb up it. That’s about 1,400 a day. Barmy.

binners

What are you on about? It looks absolutely brilliant!! Miles better than those shite hills we’ve got up here in the Pennines!

At least we know what those chancers who always build crap ‘Christmas Wonderlands’ by attaching some reindeer horns to a horse and dressing two drawfs up as elves, have been up to during lockdown after Boris cancelled Christmas. They certainly saw Westminster council coming 😂

bridges
    Free Member

That’s proper shit, isn’t it? What **** signed that off? 😂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I don’t understand….

binners

8 quid to walk up some scaffolding thats had a few pot plants duct taped to it?

richardkennerley

Is that real or a CGI illustration of what could be?

Harry_the_Spider

It looks like an overgrown slag heap.

nickc

astoundingly, i’s actually supposed to look like that as well – as if it’s a computer rendition that’s not been finished… And was originally designed to cover over one side of Marble Arch …weird

martinhutch

But the views, the views!

dissonance

i’s actually supposed to look like that as well

I thought it was supposed to look a lot better. Saw some mockups which did look quite nice if you ignored the odd location.

poly
    Free Member

design for the minecraft generation.

the-muffin-man

Isn’t there enough free ugly shit to look at in London?

BillMC

The union flag in the background and that pile is quite a good metaphor for where we’re at.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve climbed Monument (twice the height, 2/3 the price) and the view from the top of that is pretty shit too unless you like sky scrapers and air-con units, but at least it has some history and the structure is quite interesting.

This is like a temporary stand that isn’t facing the pitch.

IHN

tetrode
    Free Member

I thank the stars every single day I don’t have to live in a godforsaken place like London and can actually enjoy real outdoor spaces. I get why lots of people do like cities but they seriously aren’t for me!

binners

Ironically, London is probably one of Cities in the UK with the least need for a stupid piece of artificial greenery as its full of big parks. If you want an elevation with a decent view, just go to Primrose Hill. The tube fare to get there would be less than the price of admission to the scaffolding, surely?

Northwind

All it needs is a Massive Attack soundtrack, Evelyn Glennie, Kenenth Branagh and about 10000 volunteers to turn it into a massive representation of the industrial revolution and it could be quite good.

stevie750

I thought that was a seasick Steve picture when i first saw it

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m genuinely bemused by this, but irrespective, its spectacular in its crapness.

grahamt1980

Where is the “Sponsored by Minecraft” sign?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I thought that was a seasick Cold War Steve picture when i first saw it

Watty

I used to really like Marble Arch back in the 70s. My dad lived just up the road and as an impressionable teenager I enjoyed exploring the seemingly endless warren-like pedestrian tunnels*. That mound of crap though, is horrible.

*I admit, my memory could be playing me tricks!

matt_outandabout

London: “We’re going to have a hill with a view.”

Edinburgh: “Oh reaaaallly?”

chrismac

Clearly Westminster council has a few words knocking around to waste on something stupid

finephilly
    Free Member

Hahahaha. I’m sure it looked good on paper! Maybe built by Banksy.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Convenient to have that bus there for scale in the photograph. It is the height of several of them!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Someone needed to bury quite a few bodies?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘This Marble Arch Mound Thing…’ is closed to new replies.