Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • This made me angry to the point of tears
  • iamroughrider
    Free Member

Unlucky. However there is a positive to this.If the car is gonna get damaged at all at least the panel can be replaced hopefully. Same may not be true of other body panels which would deffo require a bodyshop. Think I’d be on ebay looking for a spare one, if they are around. Then there’s a bit painting required. You may even be able to take the dent out yourself??
    Think there’s ways of doing it. Also you may find someone skilled enough to do this.

Looks like a slow push/press rather than a sharp jolt that’s caused it.

Hardluck though..

I recon someone skilled could knock that back out if it’s not creased.Might be worth making some phone calls. Might not come out perfect and you’d know it’s there but I doubt others would notice it from front on.

brakes
    Free Member

there’s a conveniently placed handle for pulling the dent out

tpbiker
    Free Member

edited…

can’t be @ssed getting in an argument on a friday afternoon.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

In the time it takes to read this thread, the bonnet could be popped, and the dent kicked out.
    Or shall we all just chip in for a few hours on the shrinks couch to get over the grief of getting a dent in a car?

mega
    Free Member

if this issue is way up the list of bad stuff in your life, you are doing OK mate. It’s a shilly thing for someone to do but get some perspective, get it fixed and move on.

matt_outandabout

OP- It’s crap. We had a neighbour who did that twice in huge 4×4, twice. She had no idea she had done it.

Houns

You need Liam Neeson

iamroughrider
    Free Member

thing is cars that old do not stay on the road without owners being concerned about them sometimes.

OP – I’d be upset too.

mightymule
    Free Member

That is what Derren Brown would call a c***’s trick.

It’s what I would call a c***’s trick too.

mogrim

Yeah, it’s only a car, and it’s not the end of the world. But I’d be pretty pissed off if someone did that to mine, and my car’s a crappy Renault Megane.

crikey
    Free Member

Rat look, dawg.

MSP

I usually argue that people should be a bit less stressed about the occasional door opening incident in a supermarket carpark. But that one is a proper crash, well out of order to drive away.

Northwind

That’s not damage, it’s patina.

Sandwich

more likely a female in an uninsured Passat

With a dodgy gearbox?

mattbee

When someone smashed the windscreen of our bay window while it was parked up behind our house I actually did cry.
    We get emotionally attached to inanimate objects, that doesn’t lessen the severity of accidents or other unfortunate things happening to people. Bet if your bike breaks you feel unhappy at least.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s just a car, they made millions of them just like yours. it will be cheap to repair and hardly worth claiming on the insurance.
    I could understand getting upset about the money side of things but nearly crying? 😯 it’s not exactly a rare Aston/Ferrari/Porsche just an old Beatle.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

standard of driving on our roads is scary.

Statistically, “our roads” are some of the safest in Europe.

Both statements can be 100% accurate. 🙄

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

“I could understand getting upset about the money side of things but nearly crying?”
    Quite – it’s a car, get it fixed or get another one. Shit happens, get agrip and move on

chewkw
    Free Member

OP yes that’s bad …

I miss driving my 1967 Beetle.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Bet they were not insured.

Why did you leave a classic car out of your sight?

It’s only a car after all – they get damaged.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member
    Gary_C

I just google imaged ‘beetles bonnet’ to add a suitable photo to this thread.

I reckon the banhammer will be heading in my direction if I post it though…

8)

Scamper
    Free Member

So based on this thread, next time a ‘my bike is nicked’ thread is posted we can tell the op to get a grip when they are equally gutted?

patriotpro
    Free Member

So based on this thread, next time a ‘my bike is nicked’ thread is posted we can tell the op to get a grip when they are equally gutted?

Based on your post, you need to get grip.

Scamper
    Free Member

And why would that be, mr patriot pro?

hatter

I actually know Mark and I also know how much work he’s put into that car, it’s been a true labour of love and for someone to do that to it out of sheer competence and moral cowardice is a real urine boiler. It’s not ‘just a car,’ certainly not to him.

O.K. it’s a fair way away from Pol-Pot on the sliding scale of pure evil but it’s a depressing reminder of the lack of moral fiber many people display in their day to day lives. Which in a way makes it more depressing.

Also, for reference my van (and it’s attendant tow bar) have a water tight alibi officer!

Hohum
    Free Member

Forest Gump said something about things like this.

zokes
    Free Member

Or shall we all just chip in for a few hours on the shrinks couch to get over the grief of getting a dent in a car?

I would respectfully suggest that your irrational behaviour on this thread implies that a trip to the shrink might be quite a good for you in the long run.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

It’s just a car, they made millions of them just like yours. it will be cheap to repair and hardly worth claiming on the insurance.
    I could understand getting upset about the money side of things but nearly crying? it’s not exactly a rare Aston/Ferrari/Porsche just an old Beatle.
    [i]

That’s pretty low tbh. It might not be some peoples idea of a nice car, but I think you’d struggle to understand the value of a 50 year old practical classic to a committed owner. They may have made millions of them, but how many do you see on the road now?

An old beetle is a classic car! It’s not like you can just buy another is it? It’s 50 years old! And even if you could you’d be suprised at the value of ‘old Beetles’ if money is the main factor which of course it’s not.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Useless hippy my friend was killed when he had just finished a 12hr night shift and drove head on into a articulated lorry he was 21 at the time. While I sympathise with what happened to you it does not mean that everything in life has a trivial effect. OP just having a vent over something that means a lot to him at the moment. Tomorrow is another day! 🙂
    Would 2nd a visit to get some professional help .

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Personally I would be looking for CCTV etc and getting the arse who did it.

I’m amazed by some of the reaction above basically saying it’s ok to go around damaging other peoples property.

rickt
    Free Member

Looks to me that some people on here just enjoy other peoples misfortune.

OP – Crap do for sure, some people have no respect and see a bump as costing them hence not hanging around

dannybgoode

I’d be prop hacked off if that was my car. I have a fairly beat up Alfa 147 and some little toerag round here decided to key it. Its not the smartest car around by any means but it still thoroughly annoyed me.

Now, had it been my pride and joy I would find that upsetting – I think anyone would. Yeah, worse shit happens to lots of people (I have had far worse things happen to me than a keyed car) but that doesn’t stop someone getting a bit peeved when their personal property gets damaged through no fault of their own.

If anyone wants to start a thread on my dog died, my bil got hit by a car today etc they can and they will get the usual STW responses ranging from full blown sympathy to the obligatory MTFU.

To the OP – I for one am up for a bit of vigilante justice. Pitchfork is freshly sharpened and its time I started to teach babybgoode how to make a really good flaming torch. Lets go a’ lynching…

Cheers

Danny B

spectabilis
    Free Member

Ahhh that is a shitter! But as been said it should pop out easy enough unlike if you had a modern Eurobox…

My mate found a large dent in the nose cone of his ’61 Ghia and that’ll be Bitch to get out, so could be worse….

Anyway your car looks cool as a penguins dick even with the dent, don’t get angry there’s no point maybe just say **** it and ratlook it 😀 win win…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at

Get a grip.

etc posts. Idiots.

Uselesshippy are you self appointed as the arbiter of what constitutes a justifiable online moan or have you been elected? Or is it a paid job and you worked your way up?

How do we gauge what moans are acceptable and to your standards? Could you post up a sticky?

Idiots.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Awwww. That is awful. I hate that some people do that and drive off. I saw a young girl making a hash of reversing into a tight spot right outside sainsbury once, when the rest of the car park was empty too. Walked past with my trolley of shopping marvelling at the effort she was taking to avoid walking 10m further… Then heard a crunch. Looked around to see her driving off and the car she had hit with a broken fog light. I sprinted across the car park to the exit, luckily she had to drive a big loop to get there, and waved….. She pretended not to see me. Oh well. I wrote a note, with her reg and my telephone number and left it on the damaged car, phone call from its owner, expansion from me, CCTV from sainsbury and a visit from plod…..

It felt good to ensure a foolish girl didn’t get away with being horrible.

Shame you weren’t so lucky.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Did I say it wasn’t a bitch? No.
    Did I say it was fair? No.
    It’s a car….. It can be fixed, in this case, easily and cheaply.
    Now, if it was burning on the hard shoulder of the motorway. But it wasn’t. It still got driven home.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘This made me angry to the point of tears’ is closed to new replies.