Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • This is the last place on earth…
  • jamj1974

that I will ever start a motoring thread. The levels of dogma and unsubstantiated opinion are just too much to bear…

Please everyone, let’s not start another one soon!

yunki
    Free Member

motorcars are for a moronic sub-human sub-species that are evolving into Jabba the Hutt..

/thread

jamj1974

I knew there was something wrong with me Yunki!

marcus7
    Free Member

Yeah i tend to agree… but before we stop can i just canvass some opinion on the best policy on overtaking an accelerating unladen truck which is cresting a blind hill on a dual carrageway at sunrise ( sun on your right ) in a hybrid lexus… 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

Yeah i tend to agree… but before we stop can i just canvass some opinion on the best policy on overtaking an accelerating unladen truck which is cresting a blind hill on a dual carrageway at sunrise ( sun on your right ) in a hybrid lexus…

It’s on a dual carrageway so no issues provided it’s in lane 1 and lane 2 is clear!! 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the best policy on overtaking an accelerating unladen truck which is cresting a blind hill on a dual carrageway at sunrise ( sun on your right ) in a hybrid lexus…while someone on a motorbike, who has done his own risk assessment and accepted he’s orsum, blasts past at speeds that would make your eyes bleed….

😉

bearnecessities

that I will ever start a motoring thread. The levels of dogma and unsubstantiated opinion are just too much to bear…

epicyclo

yunki – Member
    motorcars are for a moronic sub-human sub-species that are evolving into Jabba the Hutt..

The level of motoronicity depends whether it’s a bmwit or an audiot you’re talking about.

Transit drivers are a superior species. (Not biased or anything) 🙂

stumpy01

JEndledow – a dual carriageway can be 1 lane in each direction…it is how the opposing lanes are divided that gives it the classification.
    If there is nothing separating the opposing flow of traffic it is a single carriageway regardless of how many lanes it has. If the opposing carriageways are separated by a barrier/grass verge etc, then it is a dual carriageway, i.e. 2 separate carriageways…
    Dual carriageway does not just mean 2 lanes in each direction, although it can do.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find it interesting how drivers are all dangerously incompetent on cycling threads, but are also perfectly responsible and able to safely drive as fast as they want on motoring threads. Which is it?

JEngledow
    Free Member

JEndledow – a dual carriageway can be 1 lane in each direction…it is how the opposing lanes are divided that gives it the classification.
    If there is nothing separating the opposing flow of traffic it is a single carriageway regardless of how many lanes it has. If the opposing carriageways are separated by a barrier/grass verge etc, then it is a dual carriageway, i.e. 2 separate carriageways…
    Dual carriageway does not just mean 2 lanes in each direction, although it can do.

Fair enough, but if it’s a single lane dual carriageway there either won’t be space to get past or there will enough space and your nicely separated from oncoming traffic 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

molgrips responding to a driving thread like one of Pavlov’s dogs to a bell, I see! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

This isn’t a driving thread, it’s a meta-thread about the forum.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Chat Forum – people are going to chat about stuff you might not agree in or want to be a part of

marcus7
    Free Member

Sorry i forgot to mention that the car has an ECU issue that may or may not affect the auto box thus affecting acceleration… 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Motoring threads are very much like DH threads for me …. so they can bore off.

Just like you OP, starting a thread you’ve no interest in … WTF

If you don’t like ’em … don’t click on ’em

Note … I was puffed into clicking onto this thread by the innocuous title…. damn you OP… 👿

camo16
    Free Member

Anyone else suddenly have a burning desire to know what car the OP drives – and to comment/review/slam said vehicle choice? 😉

iolo
    Free Member

I started one and had no replies at all.
    Shocking.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

I find it interesting how drivers are all dangerously incompetent on cycling threads, but are also perfectly responsible and able to safely drive as fast as they want on motoring threads.

I can’t ride a bike and drive at the same time… while I’m on the bike, national average driving standards drop sharply, I’m just that good.

maccruiskeen

This is the last place on earth…that I will ever start a motoring thread. The levels of dogma and unsubstantiated opinion are just too much to bear…

The question is- where on earth would you start a motoring thread and expect the outcomes to be any different. The dogma and unsubstantiation (if thats a word) aren’t particular to this forum, they’re particular to any conversation where motoring is concerned.

konabunny
    Free Member

Dogma and transubstantiation? That would be an ecumenical matter.

gordimhor

Where is this Unsubstan Station ? Why not just cycle there and then catch your train? No need for any driving.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Skoda Octavia

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘This is the last place on earth…’ is closed to new replies.