Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • This Is Freedom Road: wheelies down Bealach na Bà
  • stwhannah

If you read our article about BikeStormz last summer, you’ll know that there’s a whole urban riding scene where riders are really really good at wheel …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

This Is Freedom Road: wheelies down Bealach na Bà

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

matt_outandabout

Now that is amazing. ‘mon the bikestormz, I hope that experience leaves it’s mark on you for life. See you on the trails.

yoluka

I appear to have something in my eye. Amazing adventure. I hope this is the beginning of much much more.

scuttler

Mint!!

I was a bit gutted for them with the weather at the top but they have tricks well suited to wet tarmac.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Good vid.

joshvegas
    Free Member

And they didn’t even hit one wedged campervann?!

Nice wee film, I wish I could wheelie.

I hope they rode some actual trails too!

martymac

Truly awesome.
    Makes me sad that plenty of people never get the chance to go and do something fun.
    The kid that was saying he’s never been out of London especially.
    I don’t mind telling you, it’s a bit **** dusty in here.

matt_outandabout

I’ve spent much of my working life getting young people outdoors, and had the privilege of working with groups like that. It’s hard work, but so so rewarding.

Many years ago I met a similar London group off a night train. Most of was first time out of London. The first day we went for a walk up the small hill behind our outdoor centre in Galloway. We met a sheep or 10 which successfully surprised / freaked out half the group – because sheep are white, fluffy, unmoving and small in pictures. Not fat, smelly, sizeable and running around in groups….

Walking off from the sheep, one of the youth workers commented that they were pleased we hadn’t met the local cows…

thepurist

Great film, and a fine counterpoint to the ‘have you been priced out of biking’ thread.

richb1910
    Free Member

Truly inspiring, great for young people from the city to find there is another world out there. They have great bike riding skills as well awesome.

Jordan

Just excellent!

brakestoomuch

I can only echo what has already been said. It’s great to see people being given the chance to have this experience. I’m nowhere near anything that dramatic, but I am only five minutes away from some green-and-brown-ery and I wouldn’t be without it.

duckman

That was good, like rally good and made me realize how much I take for granted.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘This Is Freedom Road: wheelies down Bealach na Bà’ is closed to new replies.