• This topic has 273 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 34 posts - 241 through 274 (of 274 total)
  • this Iain Duncan Smith petition, whos signed it?
  • sbob
    Free Member

Great, now I’m probably going to get banned again for having to point out the bleedin’ obvious. 🙄

ernie_lynch – Member

But you’re not are you. All you are doing is directing all you hatred against Labour’s spending policy,

No, I have given other reasons why I don’t like Labour. Have another read old chap. 🙂

whilst completely ignoring the fact that it was also the Tories identical spending policy.

I haven’t ignored it, I’m well aware of it.
    You’re simply imagining things to have an argument. 🙂

I don’t call that ‘restoring the equilibrium’.

You’re accusing me of ignoring the Tory party’s faults whilst criticizing Labour’s.
    The reverse is precisely what others were doing and why I posted. 💡

I call it straightforward dishonesty.

Then you have a poor grasp of the English language old chap.
    Do you need me to list all the things the Tory party have ever done that I am not happy with, lest I get accused of dishonesty again?

Just because I don’t like mushrooms doesn’t mean I automatically like aubergine.

I hope you can understand that.
    🙂

kimbers

@allmountainventure

the 53 quid is what the market trader said he had left after rent, bills etc

IDS said yes that he could live on that and has since pointed out that he has claimed dole before
    (but neglected to mention he was engaged to a millionaire daughter of a baronetcy at the time)

sbob
    Free Member

allmountainventure – Member

Haven’t read the previous (got lost in the left right banter) so sorry if this has been answered already.

£50 + what?

Is housing paid for?

As the market trader mentioned that since his housing benefit had been reduced he was left with only £53 a week, I would say yes, housing is paid for.

whimbrel
    Free Member

[/url]

aracer
    Free Member

Are you suggesting the UK’s current economic situation is totally unrelated to the international situation, grum?

grum
    Free Member

Are you suggesting the UK’s current economic situation is totally unrelated to the international situation, grum?

Hang on let me think about that for a mo…

So again, rather than engaging with the points I’ve raised (with links, quotes etc), you ask an irrelevant question about something I didn’t say? What do you hope to achieve with this approach?

And just for clarity, no I’m not, which is why I didn’t say it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, I have given other reasons why I don’t like Labour. Have another read old chap.

I haven’t accused you of not giving any other reasons. Have a go at reading the whole quote without chopping it in half :

“All you are doing is directing all your hatred against Labour’s spending policy, whilst completely ignoring the fact that it was also the Tories identical spending policy.”

Do you need me to list all the things the Tory party have ever done that I am not happy with

Go on then. We now know that you think the Tory Party’s spending policy when in Opposition was just like Labour’s, so presumably an “unprecendented spunkfest of money that wasn’t theirs”, what else is there ? Don’t be shy – tell us how much you hate the Tories.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Sorry didn’t read the article.

So; he’s paid his rent and all bills (including food?) and he has £50 a week left over?

sbob
    Free Member

I haven’t accused of not giving any other reasons.

🙂

All you are doing is directing all your hatred against Labour’s spending policy

Do you see it now? 🙂

Now stop being silly and give me a bike you tight arsed lefty, thx1138 seems to have missed the bit where he owes me. 😆

Go on then

I’ll give you one (and it’s a biggie, for me anyway) and one only for the time being as the missus says it’s bedtime:

I don’t like CMD as he is trying to privatize the police force service with his chums, the notorious **** wits, G4S.

If you play nicely I’ll give you more tomorrow. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you see it now?

I see that you’ve chopped my quote in half again.

Here it is again in it’s entirety :

“All you are doing is directing all your hatred against Labour’s spending policy, whilst completely ignoring the fact that it was also the Tories identical spending policy.”

See ? I haven’t accused of not giving any other reasons.

Now are you going to keep editing my post and making the same false claim again ? It could become boring.

aracer
    Free Member

What do you hope to achieve with this approach?

Well I hoped to determine whether you were attempting to answer the point I made about the UK’s situation being linked to the international one – I assumed that as you’d quoted me maybe that’s what you were trying to do, but I’ll take that as a no.

sbob
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Do you see it now?

I see that you’ve chopped my quote in half again.

Here it is again in it’s entirety :

All you are doing is directing all your hatred against Labour’s spending policy, whilst completely ignoring the fact that it was also the Tories identical spending policy.”

See ? I haven’t accused of not giving any other reasons.

Now are you going to keep editing my post and making the same false claim again ? It could become boring.

You see that bit in bold?
    If that’s all I’m doing then I’m not doing anything else am I?
    Jesus H, I never thought I’d be giving lessons on comprehension, especially to the author of the work in question! 😆

So don’t use your lack of comprehension to accuse me of making false claims.

If that wasn’t what you meant and it’s simply a poorly written statement, then fine, leave it be.
    Just try a bit harder in the future and think about what the words you are using actually mean.
    🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it’s simply a poorly written statement

It’s extremely well written. Nowhere do I accuse you of not giving other reasons why you don’t like Labour, as you quite falsely claim I have.

Still, I guess banging on and on making the same silly false claim over and over again, detracts from your embarrassment over the revelation that whilst in opposition, the Tories promised to match Gordon Browns’s spending penny for penny, eh ?

sbob
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

It’s extremely well written.

😆

Nowhere do I accuse you of not giving other reasons why you don’t like Labour, as you quite falsely claim I have.

Yes you do. I’ve pointed where, clearly.

Still, I guess banging on and on making the same silly false claim over and over again, detracts from your embarrassment over the revelation that whilst in opposition, the Tories promised to match Gordon Browns’s spending penny for penny, eh ?

The embarrassment is in your lack of understanding of the very words you’ve used.
    The was no revelation, that’s a fantastical invention of yours.
    It’s like me going “Tee hee hee! Ernie doesn’t know that grass is green!” and getting all excited about it.

Have a play with this, it may help you. 🙂

thx1138
    Free Member

You’re tenacious, sbob, I’ll give you that.

Embarrassingly misguided and confused, but tenacious all the same.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Where is the petition asking Mr Bennett to live on £53 a week?

Lifer
    Free Member

Why don’t you start one.

thx1138
    Free Member

Where is the petition asking Mr Bennett to live on £53 a week?

Why would one be relevant? IDS claimed, publicly, that he could live on £53 a week. Time he put his claim to the test.

A better test would be to strip IDS of all assets, and bar all outside financial assistance. For a year. Then see if his glib, sneering attitude was the same in 12 months. I somewhat doubt it would be, were he forced to live on such meagre means for such a period of time.

It’s easy to say ‘yeah I could do it’ for just one week; like those people who give up their precious car for a week. When it’s your day to day reality to suffer deprivation, it becomes and entirely different game.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lifer – because, as with the IDS version, it would be a red herring requiring replacing fact with fiction (in both cases).

theocb
    Free Member

No he didn’t!
    He said he could live on the same amount as someone else if he had to.

‘If he had to’ being the important part.

Lifer
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Lifer – because, as with the IDS version, it would be a red herring requiring replacing fact with fiction (in both cases).

Why ask about it then? Bizarre.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Exactly Lifer – point proven!

grum
    Free Member

THM you should concentrate on trying to make your posts more coherent. You really don’t make an awful lot of sense half the time.

Well I hoped to determine whether you were attempting to answer the point I made about the UK’s situation being linked to the international one – I assumed that as you’d quoted me maybe that’s what you were trying to do, but I’ll take that as a no.

Yes obviously the international situation is a large factor, but as I said, there are many, not just on the left, who think the government’s strategy is quite clearly failing. I thought that much was obvious.

See how it’s possible to just give a straight answer, and not simply keep asking (irrelevant) straw man questions?

Lifer
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Exactly Lifer – point proven!

😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I know Grum, it’s a good job I am not a teacher!* Then again this idea of 20 hours max teaching a week sounds pretty appealing!

* actually that would be very insulting towards pupils, who are perfectly capable of identifying red-herrings and spurious arguments. They would see through the IBD/Bennett thing straight away.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes obviously the international situation is a large factor, but as I said, there are many, not just on the left, who think the government’s strategy is quite clearly failing.

Yes, and? You found an economist who gave the opinion you wanted – can I just check if he also predicted the big financial meltdown? No? I’m sure I could find another economist saying exactly the opposite if I tried. The fact is, as the Europhiles are so fond of telling us, the Eurozone is an important trading partner for us – so long as large parts of that are doing rather worse than us economically it’s not exactly making it easy for the UK economy. All very easy to say the current strategy is failing when there’s no evidence that any alternative strategy would do better.

not simply keep asking (irrelevant) straw man questions?

Maybe you need to check some definitions.

aracer
    Free Member

A better test would be to strip IDS of all assets, and bar all outside financial assistance. For a year. Then see if his glib, sneering attitude was the same in 12 months. I somewhat doubt it would be, were he forced to live on such meagre means for such a period of time.

Do you think he would die? Or would he maybe struggle by as all the people on really low income do? Do you think he’s too stupid to cope at all? It’s all a really silly argument – I remind you again of the words he actually used “if I had to I would”. You’re picking on the wrong man if you want sneering attitude.

grum
    Free Member

You made out that I was suggesting international factors weren’t an issue, when I hadn’t said anything of the kind. A classic straw man.

There’s plenty of other people of all political persuasions saying the same things btw. But I’m sure you (and George Osbourne) know best. All the evidence certainly points that way eh?

Even by their own benchmarks they’re failing miserably.

aracer
    Free Member

I was asking a question – a quite important question related to my point, one which you hadn’t answered – not putting words in your mouth. There’s quite an important difference. Why don’t you check back.

As I said, I’m sure it would be easy to find plenty of other economists saying the opposite. I presume their benchmarks when they set them weren’t based on the Eurozone failing as miserably as it has – can I just check if your pet economists predicted that?

grum
    Free Member

Pretty obvious I wasn’t saying that, otherwise I would have said it – unless you’re being deliberately obtuse/trolling of course.

As I said, I’m sure it would be easy to find plenty of other economists saying the opposite.

Go on then.

* actually that would be very insulting towards pupils, who are perfectly capable of identifying red-herrings and spurious arguments.

They pull you up on those quite often eh?

yunki
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe you need to check some definitions.

I think we all need a copy of the dictionary you use as the words you use dont mean what everyone else says-
    You aslo keep making inferences that are not even tenous then ask a question where the answer is an obvious – er Did i say that – I have no idea why you are doing this[ mental excercise]
    I think if you carry on like this folk will just ignore you and refer you to the answer I gave some time ago

one which you hadn’t answered

would you like me to quote this for you

And just for clarity, no I’m not, which is why I didn’t say it.

Seems like an answer to me though I understand why you are confused and inferred it was not an answer…no really I can.

Ps to save time I refer you to the answer i gave some time agi.

sbob
    Free Member

thx1138 – Member

You’re tenacious, sbob, I’ll give you that.

I knew there was a polite word for it! 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 241 through 274 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘this Iain Duncan Smith petition, whos signed it?’ is closed to new replies.