Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)
  • This, however, is the Athletic and Aesthetic (A&A) Thread…..
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s entitled to express it whether you like it or not. And why bother expressing his opinion about the A&A somewhere else. Dissent is great…don’t try and stifle it.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

mrsflash – thanks! After seeing TH half in the buff I shall be keeping my shirt on whilst mowing the lawn this weekend! Even though I am happily hetro I can appreciate and admire the honed perfection of male athletes (perhaps I spent too long in Greece recently!!), the only thing I would complain vociferously about is someone posting my pasty and flabby pic next to them to reveal my inadequacies.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Rudey, what does expressing your onion mean? Is it rude?

It’s like an opinion, but multi-layered.

It is not rude, but it is a Rudeism.

Druidh is an onion.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Rather the reaching gender equality society is disavowing masculinity in all its form and cultivating a homogenous female oriented society

you say that as if it were a bad thing. I feel if men were less inclined to go throwing their weight around and trampling over the sensitivities (or shredded corpses) of others we might all have a happier time of it! However I think you are delusional about this.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It’s like an opinion, but multi-layered.

and when examined too closely it makes you cry 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

an unidentified example of “totty”:

😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

He’s entitled to express it whether you like it or not. And why bother expressing his opinion about the A&A somewhere else.

Why do so many threads descend into “rights” and “entitlements”? It’s my “entitlement” to ask (politely might I add) that at least one post on STW is “a bit of fun” without having to trawl through a load of PC drivel. Put that on another thread that I can avoid on this nice sunny Friday.

…or is this just a troll that is luring me steadily under the bridge?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s my “entitlement” to ask (politely might I add) that at least one post on STW is “a bit of fun” without having to trawl through a load of PC drivel

It is indeed, but, old chap, you have two hopes…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Trust me SFB this is not delusional thinking (a fixed unshakable belief) but an insidious reality, I fully agree that some of the extremes of masculinity need curbing and controlling, and that this should be done through social and cultural structures, and that gender equality is the aspiration. However, scrutiny of the position of male figures in particular in advertising, but media in general (you need go no further then Loose Women) and the raise in traditionally female pathologies such as body dismorphy and eating disorders, to see this playing out

DezB
    Free Member

Should be in the rules, no posting in this thread without a pic. It’s getting very boring.

theflatboy
    Free Member

love you too!

edd

mickyfinn
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

Ladies Please love me I’m so new man and offended by this thread PLEASE LOVE ME.. PLEASE!!! I will never ever say anything which may be deemed even the slightest bit offensive to anyone ever I promise.

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing with me, that’s life and the fact that I’m right and you’re wrong is neither here nor there. But why the juvenile name-calling?

Who mentioned your name? I didn’t call you anything, I poked fun at the P.C. mentality of some posts. Which, is different to name calling, as this by definition involves the calling of a name!

And thanks for proving my point about women posting stuff to fit in to the laddish culture here: ‘Hats off to Mrs Flash’ indeed. Did you mean ‘hats’?

No I meant ‘thumbs up’ which is exactly what I posted. I didn’t mention Hats anywhwere.

theflatboy
    Free Member

sasha cohen. ice skate doer.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sascha Baron-Cohen; erm, Kazhak wrestlist?

G
    Free Member

Am I the only person who has noticed the unfortunate resemblance to the letter “i” struck by the lovely recently sold and extremely talented Footballer near the top of this thread??? 8)

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Do the wiggle girls count?

theflatboy
    Free Member

gina carano, ex-MMA fighter:

theflatboy
    Free Member

gretchen bleiler, snowboarder:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Wunundred!

Mia Hamm; footballerist:

theflatboy
    Free Member

and natalie gulbis for the century:

edit – ok, century + 1 😡

😆

crazant
    Free Member

She could pedal in front of me all day 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yanky doodle Dallas Friday is on here too often, here’s Britians best.
    Will Christien

hugorune

Crazant – Who is that?

Does it say something about the average abuser of the chat forum that we can’t even look at pictures of attractive sportsmen and women without starting an arguement. FFS it’s friday. Go and have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit and calm down.

*i would have posted a pic but can’t access any webpic sites from work*

theflatboy
    Free Member

hugo rune – any requests? 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Erin Densham; triathlonist:

hugorune

Yeah – more pics of competitor 98 from Stutgart 2006 😀

crazant
    Free Member

Hugo , its Yelena Isinbayeva ..Pole Vault.. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah, that’s yelena isinbayeva the pole vaulter.
    as you wish!

BadlyWiredDog

I’m more then a little perturbed by the idea of male contributors arguing on the behalf of female contributors, on the grounds that they are too timid or reluctant to participate in a robust debate. This, I feel, is equally if not a more deeming attitude to the supposed objectification of the female form. It smacks of a “you sit there dear, I’ll sort this out for you” kind of thinking

I’m not doing that, I’m arguing that it’s threads like this that reduce female participation on this site and make it the slightly sad, FHM-ish bastion of {abusive language removed} online behaviour that it is, which is slightly different. It would help if you could communicate in something approaching comprehensible English by the way 😉

{It would also help if you could tone your language down BWD – Mod}

sobriety
    Free Member

Blimey! It’s all gone a bit Mary Whitehouse.

BAN THIS FILTH, BAN THIS FILTH I SAY!!!

Or just don’t click it if you may find the contents offensive…

Terrydactyl

I also suggest changing the fuse from 2A to 15A

Sonor
    Free Member

Magdalena Neuner, Ski’ist, Shooterist combo.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hum. I enjoy looking at pictures of Liz Hatch, she’s lovely. But I don’t think I’d want to do it while there were actual girls in the room particularly. Likewise I don’t sit in bars with girls checking out other girls as they walk past. 🙂

Anyway, here’s Dean Downing, Velocipe Racing-ist (I almost typed “racist”, but that’s not right…)

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

BWD –In all honesty my views are not that different to yours, although I am concerned that society is increasingly allowing sexist attitudes towards men to go unchecked.
    My point is that as a male do you really have the right or authority to defend a female argument, and that in doing so you are equally guilty of demeaning women as those of us admiring the female form. To have true equality the only true defence has to come from a women, that they choice not to comment, for what ever reason, is down to them
    (sorry for be incomprehensible before but lost in an academic writing hell at the moment)

theflatboy
    Free Member

To have true equality the only true defence has to come from a women

frequently about this argument on this very thread it does.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Breakneck – that’s fine, but it assumes there are a lot of women who can be bothered to challenge A&A, rather than just going somewhere else. Is it your view that if women leave STW rather than posting their objections on here that BWD cannot then express the views he has been putting forward? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

slightly sad[/?] We’re on an internet forum ffs. Can’t get much sadder than that. Apart from, of course whinging on and f%$*ing on about what other people do on an internet forum.

woman:

(Raquel Hoffman)

theflatboy
    Free Member

and a touch of alison stokke for good measure (hi alan!)

BigDummy
    Free Member

What is Raquel Hoffman doing? It looks like fishing, but I reckon it’s going to bve more complicated than that… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘This, however, is the Athletic and Aesthetic (A&A) Thread…..’ is closed to new replies.