Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • This God damn rain!!!!!
  • Keva
    Free Member

for the last ten yrs or so it’s been something like

spring – hot & dryer than usual season
    summer – wet & warm season
    autumn – cool & dryer than usual season
    winter – wet and cold season

wrightyson
    Free Member

Been in and out the office all day but now ventured out on to the front line. Lads are soaked and now my turn as we’re setting foundation bolts. It just **** everything up on site when it’s like this. Especially on old pit muck….

johndoh
    Free Member

winter – wet and cold season

Eight, seven and six years ago it was very cold and snowy wan’t it? I think it was eight years ago most of January was constant snow and at one point the whole of the UK was covered wasn’t it?

Edit, 2010 and December when that happened…

Keva
    Free Member

2009 and 2010 I think it was when there was snow like in the 80s. Not sure if we’ve had anything like it since… I do remember there was a cold year in 2013 when it was still siberian well into April, but again it was a one off.

my made up seasons were a bit of a joke btw 😉

wilburt
    Free Member

Wonder how long it will take for someone to point out its glorious sunshine in the med?

Jamie
    Free Member

felt like I was in a First World War frontline trench at times.

That’s somme overstatement.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Left home in sunshine (some cloud).5 miles (and 1000ft of climbing) later its black skies and biblical rain.Beat a hasty retreat to get back to the house….bone dry.Not rained here!!!

weeksy

34 deg in bologna, I may melt!

fasthaggis

This summer has been crap. Endless grey skies with only the tiniest of slivers of blue every now and then.

This West coast of Scotland weather news was brought to you by…
    😛

As Keva said, September will be even more awesomer 😉

fifeandy
    Free Member

This West coast of Scotland weather news was brought to you by…

I’m about as far east as its possible to get, and that’s also been my interpretation of the ‘summer’.
    Overall, its not been too wet, but grey has described most days since the middle of May.

lunge

Loving the rain here in Brum, I’m running a lot at the moment and running is so much more pleasant in the rain than in the sun.

mt
    Free Member

It’s wet in Swaledale but apparently red hot in the med (there you go wilburt).

Just be pleased that it was pretty good for the ad rock.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Absolutely biblical here earlier on the Varteg!
    So bad the road was flooding down to Garndifaith

IdleJon

Yes, it got very dangerous, very quickly on the M4 near Cardiff earlier. Traffic almost down to walking pace because of the rain.

johndoh
    Free Member

Do you live in Middle Earth?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Glad we got out this morning, back before the rain started. Not that it’s heavy, but a bit miserable. Feels like it’ve been a shit summer but we did have some pretty good spells earlier on and even last month. Just got to snatch the moments…

joshvegas
    Free Member

I amsweating like **** here.

Bunnyhop

Johndoh – I have that photo on my workroom wall.

tjagain

Another fine day in Edinburgh. Not as sunny as yesterday but still warm and fine
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Xy3EDT]20645105_10154824240983388_9187876011600809319_o[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

oldfart

Also how with all the modern technology availabie do they manage to get the forecast so spectacularly wrong ? Mon and Tues here complete opposite of what they said ? Yesterday if we had listened to them we would have missed out on a lovely days riding on the Quantocks.

fasthaggis

This thread did not need pictures.

BoardinBob

2 days without rain in glasgow. Simply amazing

fasthaggis

Don’t tempt fate Bob 😉

tjagain

fasthaggis – Member

This thread did not need pictures.

You sure?
    Edinburgh yesterday
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Xy6GBp]DSC_0254[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

fifeandy
    Free Member

Edinburgh yesterday

Clearly photoshopped, everyone knows the sky is grey and your clever blue filter isn’t fooling anyone! 😀

prawny

lunge – Member
    Loving the rain here in Brum, I’m running a lot at the moment and running is so much more pleasant in the rain than in the sun.

Maybe for you, I nearly drowned cycling in to town this morning. I made eye contact with a fellow commuter this morning and we both just started laughing.

Horrific.

Still I’m going to Wales next week, it’s bound to be drier there…

johndoh
    Free Member

Quick! It’s stopped raining, I am going to mow the lawn before it starts again for another three weeks!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Never mind the lawn, get ready in your cycling gear to do a quick sprint when the rain stops, due ~1830 here! 😆

pennine
    Free Member

Yorkshire Dales today

tjagain

🙂

soundninjauk

So unnecessary.

Hope it holds out for when I’m up there at the start of September!

WildHunter2009

Feel for the fool who just moved back after 6 years in Western Australia! The Australian fiancée is distinctly unimpressed. The chilterns are in full winter slop mode!

redmex
    Free Member

Sitting here with a smug smile reading and hearing of a rainy time south of the border, it just feels like a normal summer here great skies for photographs but longing for high pressure i’m missing the East coast haar

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

haar

This is not the “ride like a pirate” thread! 😉

flange
    Free Member

Sat in the south of France with really badly sunburnt legs, I could go a bit of rain…

murf
    Free Member

IMG_20170808_134627

Shetland

IMG_20170808_160720

Orkney

Been a nice work trip 🙂

Edit: one day I’ll figure out how to get picture links to work 🙁

zippykona

Absolutely pissed down all day in Surrey buy dry in Eastbourne according to my brother.

tjagain

murf
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Xsn6ty]IMG_20170808_134627[/url] by paul_m4, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Xjy5Xp]IMG_20170808_160720[/url] by paul_m4, on Flickr

On a computer you go to share, bb code and copy the whole thing
    Dunno on a phone tho

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Been awesome all week, great week to Be off work. Particularly lovely today.

20170809_145422 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

20170809_151317 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

murf
    Free Member

Cheers TJ, no BBcode option from mobile flickr though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘This God damn rain!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.