Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • This God damn rain!!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

C’mon now it’s August ffs!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cracking morning here in the balmy SW Scotland.

BoardinBob

Give it 5 minutes.

This summer has been crap. Endless grey skies with only the tiniest of slivers of blue every now and then.

crazy-legs

You knew it was going to be a washout summer the second the Daily Express printed a headline saying we’d have a 2-month heatwave.

tjagain

Lovely sunny day in Edinburgh

PJM1974
    Free Member

Jet stream has diverted south, innit. Apparently late August onwards is supposed to be quite nice.

It’s still better than Summer 2012, which seemingly tipped it down constantly here in Kent.

ton

I like rain more than I like sun.

fat blokes and sun don’t mix well when riding. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

As someone who recently got press-ganged into gardening, I am fine with the odd downpour.

Drac

What rain?

Is it not supposed to rain in August?

Caher

East Midlands and it’s monsoon conditions.

mahalo

Im sure June was nice!? i was away 3 of the 4 weeks in July, the week i was home it was nice. This first week in August has been shite but the summer has been fairly decent for me…? im sure there will be a few more sunny weeks to come too.. its the getting dark early again that i dont like! not ready for lights again yet!!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Been biblical here in Melbourne recently. My favorite riding spot is now a no go area till it the sun and wind do their thing.

At least the nights are drawing out and the faintest glimmer of spring is showing as the fruit trees in the garden are starting to bud. Still, forecast to be dry tomorrow so I may charge up the lights and go for a bimble if I can remember how.

zippykona

Early summer was amazing.
    Now it’s just back to a normal summer.

cheers_drive

zippykona – Member
    Early summer was amazing.
    Now it’s just back to a normal summer.

This
    Although I’m glad I don’t have bored school aged kids who are cooped up inside due to the rain.

nickc

Yeah, this is just how it is now, isn’t it? It’s nice from late April to early June, the it turns warm and wet for July and early August.

benp1

Left work last night in nice bright warm conditions. 13 minutes from my house the grey cloud I was approaching decided to dump ALL it’s rain in one go. It pretty much stopped as I got home.

I was fairly wet – newspaper in shoes and had to wring gloves out style wet. Still better than being on the tube!

tenfoot

It’s my fault. The weather was great, until I bought a new bike

joshvegas
    Free Member

Confirm blue skies in Edinburgh.

Might eat my lunch outside…

scotroutes

We’ve had a bit of rain on and off. I suspect it’ll be next week before the trails dry out.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Scorchio in this part of Europe. You can keep that Brexit weather over there! 😉

swavis

scotroutes – Member
    We’ve had a bit of rain on and off. I suspect it’ll be next week before the trails dry out

A bit drier further down the strath, the Speyside Way is still sodden though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cold windy and raining again D’rn Srf.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s been grey here for the last four or five weeks with little flashes of blue sky and sunshine hither and thither. It was spitting on this morning when I was out on the bike but you have to take every opportunity to get out, don’t you, despite the weather?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Rain didn’t stop me riding to work this morning. Humans have survived a bit of water falling from the sky for thousands of years, I think we will be ok.

iainc

Summer here in Glasgow, began today, may last till Friday….

big_scot_nanny

If anyone is the swiss alps this week hoping for sin-kissed trails and dusty roosters – sorry, my fault.

Took delivery of a new-to-me mahoosive telescope which has a remarkably similar effect on precipitaion and clouds as a new bike 🙂

hairylegs
    Free Member

I like rain more than I like sun.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one! I always enjoy rides/runs/walks in bad weather. Okay, sometimes in a grade 2 fun kind of way, but it always seems a more gritty ethereal experience. And this

you have to take every opportunity to get out, don’t you, despite the weather?

Norwegian proverb: “There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing”

johndoh
    Free Member

It started raining on the first day of the school holidays and has barely stopped since 🙁

hairylegs
    Free Member

It started raining on the first day of the school holidays and has barely stopped since

St Swithin’s Day?

johndoh
    Free Member

St Swithin’s Day?

That day was mild with a couple of light showers (I remember as my wife was doing a Tough Mudder type event). Right now I would settle for that weather again 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Pissing down in Derby.

Wish I was outside in it rather than trapped at an indoor trampoline centre. Curse these school fair raffle prizes….

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Could be worse, you could have to work in it for 4+ hours.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Illness, bairns and moving house have kept my riding to a minimum this summer. It can rain endlessly as far as I’m concerned.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have been doing a big garden project all summer and I have been out in some biblical rain storms. And when doing some digging out of tree roots, levelling and turfing it felt like I was in a First World War frontline trench at times.

NewRetroTom

felt like I was in a First World War frontline trench at times.

Yeah, getting shelled, gassed and occasionally ordered to go over the top into a hail of machine gun fire can be pretty rough.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Am I going mad here or do I not recall the the first half of this year was very dry indeed and only a few weeks ago basking in 30+ degree heat for days on end…?

Just because it rains on your holiday week doesn’t make it a bad summer!

I reckon it’s been brilliant, I think I’ve only got properly wet 2-3 times this year commuting by motorbike 5 days a week….. I’ve been in my summer kit since early May!

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah, getting shelled, gassed and occasionally ordered to go over the top into a hail of machine gun fire can be pretty rough

I live in a tough neighbourhood.

RustyNissanPrairie

been in a factory for the last two weeks rebuilding the place whilst the work force were gloating about being on holiday. glad it rained constantly!

joat

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member

Yeah 7+ hours. I’m in full waterproofs, which I normally wouldn’t wear in the summer as I’d overheat, today though…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘This God damn rain!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.