Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • This forum keeps giving me a virus warning!
  • globalti
    Free Member

My surfing enjoyment keeps being spoiled by big nasty virus warning thingies that keep appearing on my screen. Has one of the irritating ads got something dodgy about it?

Edit: something to do with Sportsbetshop?

[Moderator edit] Would be really helpful if a screenshot could be taken and sent to tech@singletrackworld.com

Many thanks.

PJay
    Free Member

I think that the redirects are back; I’ve been redirected to one site that my virus checker flags up as infected and another that’s some sort of ad that tries to convince you that you have a virus and need to download an update!

GrahamS

Can you post screenshots of the warning and the page that was displaying? That will help them track it down.

whitestone
    Free Member

This thread (amongst several others)

PJay
    Free Member

I don’t know if this helps but I’ve got this in my recent browsing history –

h t t p s://sportbestshop.com/lps/asview.js?x=gg&p=573&d=singletrackworld.com&ci=

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh.. the weekend has arrived with vengeance….

globalti
    Free Member

Yes it was sportsbetshop

atlaz
    Free Member

Crap like this is one big reason why people are using adblockers. Easier to block all of it when websites end up with dodgy advertising redirects

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘This forum keeps giving me a virus warning!’ is closed to new replies.