Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • This England…….
  • ton

is proper fubar, I don’t get it.

the heads of our national security having to go public like naughty kids,
    soldiers doing their job, in court for doing so,
    and a on the run terrorist suing us for being tortured in Somaliland

WTF is happening….. 🙁

project
    Free Member

The do gooders have control of the asylum.

Stoner
    Free Member

weird stuff happens at the boundaries so that obvious stuff can happen either side of it. Sometimes on the face of it that weird stuff seems to be on the wrong side of the line, sometimes it gets reigned back in, sometimes it’s actually on the right side of the line, but it’s hard to tell from 140 character headlines, and on rare occasions it stays the wrong side of the line for whatever reason.

It’s not the end of civilisation, just stuff testing the line.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well at least the rest of the United Kingdom is alright.

crankboy
    Free Member

Not sure that shooting an injured unarmed prisoner amounts to soldiers doing thier job to be honest . Given that they described their actions as breaching the geneva convention i don’t think they saw it as doing their job either.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“There you are. Shuffle off this mortal coil… It’s nothing you wouldn’t do to us.”

and

“Obviously this doesn’t go anywhere, fellas. I just broke the Geneva Convention.”

and

“Err, anybody want to do first aid on this idiot?”

“No”

“Nope.”

“Could put one in his head if you want? Take your pick.”

(all recorded for posterity).

If that’s a bunch of squaddies “doing their job”…

marcus7
    Free Member

I’m fairly certain that allegedly murdering someone and then attempting to cover it up is not in the queens regs, if that is what you are referring to.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

SNAFU

ton

I have no interest in those over the borders ernie, I care about this England.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What about over the Afghan border ?

crankboy
    Free Member

Not sure my Grandad Father or Brother signed up to defend a country that was going to abduct and torture people either. Infact I know for sure that my Grandad and father were told they were fighting to stop that sort of thing. The Terrorist is sueing us because he believes with good reason we organised or carried out his torture.

ton

is that where they are holding the court case??

nickjb
    Free Member

Security services and the military being accountable for their actions sounds good to me. Sounds like the actions of a progressive country.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Not sure my Grandad Father or Brother signed up to defend a country that was going to abduct and torture people either. Infact I know for sure that my Grandad and father were told they were fighting to stop that sort of thing. The Terrorist is sueing us because he believes with good reason we organised or carried out his torture.

If they were there for d-day they wouldn’t have taken prisoners in exactly the same way.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

is that where they are holding the court case??

In fairness ton, that just sounds irrational fella. How can you care about a case just because it’s been tried in England, but not care that it happened abroad? AFAIK, court-martials don’t happen on a whim. Would you prefer that the military just ignore this kind of behaviour? Or would you prefer that he be tried by the “enemy”? I suppose, as it’s not in England, you’d probably not be too concerned.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If they were there for d-day they wouldn’t have taken prisoners in exactly the same way.

You’re mixing up a “battle” with “abducting and torturing”.

HTH.

ton

let the spies spy
    let the soldiers defend and protect
    and let the terrorists go see their virgins, imho that is.

ton

dd, shush I was not talking to you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

let the soldiers defend and protect

Because that’s exactly what they were doing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

English and proud eh ?

yossarian
    Free Member

With the greatest respect Ton, you are talking shite.

ton

yossarian – Member

With the greatest respect Ton, you are talking shite.

cos you don’t agree with it? mmmmm 😆

crankboy
    Free Member

5thElefant A) read the post you quoted it was about abduction and torture not combat. B) have you seen the allied casuality figures for Dday you clearly know what was invoved, it is not hard to see why troops storming a beach in full on combat had little time or oportunity to take prisoners in the heat of combat . Notwithstanding that, 12,153 prisoners were taken up to 26 July. D Day Was very very different to Afganistan and not taking prisoners is very different to taking a wounded prisoner post combat then killing them out of hand.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Fwiw my own personal belief is that the whole Afghanistan farce is a farce.

The recording is a brief insight into the realities of conflict and the reality that the people that Governments send to foreign shores to kill people who our governments dont like are not the nice cuddly ‘heroes’ our puerile media portray them as.
    They are in fact extremeley rough and violent men, if they were not rough and violent they would not be there.
    Its highly likeley that this sort of thing has occurred many times before and will continue to happen and when caught they will no doubt be dealt with very severely.
    Senior officers will readily sacrifice these men as will many others who sneer at the ‘squaddie’ just remember that some of them guys hobbling past the Cenotaph this Sunday will have seen and possibly done similar things.
    As Orwell said : We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

yossarian
    Free Member

cos you don’t agree with it? mmmmm

Actually because you can’t justify any of it. I could go into some detail on this if I had to but I’d just be repeating what others have already posted ^^

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m not convinced what happened is any different at all. They killed the enemy on the battlefield.

Maybe politician shouldn’t ask them to kill people in the first place.

hels
    Free Member

I heard some of the later testimony from those soldiers on the radio. Claimed they thought the guy was already dead and it was all macho posturing bravado. Sadly, it kind of rang true. All about context.

matt22
    Free Member

Well the Soilders were not acting within the regs, but until you have walked a mile in there shoes then then you shouldnt really be passing judgement

ton

cheekyboy, correct, but I for one, am happy to have these rough nasty men looking after my back while I sleep happily in my bed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

PSA: Niggle Farridge on the box tonight (BBC QT) in an odd looking bunch. He may have some comments/shouts on all this.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

until you have walked a mile in there shoes then then you shouldnt really be passing judgement

Presumably that’s why it’s the court martial that will be doing the judgement passing ?

FOG

‘Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them’. Probably misquoted but you get the idea.

neilthewheel

Next thing, they’ll be putting newspaper editors in the dock just for listening to people’s phone messages. It’s political correctness gone mad.

ton

Next thing, they’ll be putting newspaper editors in the dock just for listening to people’s phone messages. It’s political correctness gone mad.

whoa….some slimy bastards get what they deserve…. 😀

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Security services and the military being accountable for their actions sounds good to me. Sounds like the actions of a progressive country.

Oh shush you with your common sense and facts. 😉

matt22
    Free Member

Hopfully goes to a normal court, they tend to be more leanient from whats been reported about in similar cases, the judge tends to go with that its to hard to judge the actions of the Soilders whilst they are going through what there going through out there

parkesie
    Free Member

If the soldiers did what the video seems to show they are rightly in court and should face the consequences of their actions.

yunki
    Free Member

I haven’t listened to the recordings yet, but I’m going to take a stab in the dark and guess that we’ll be hearing northern accents?

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe politician shouldn’t ask them to kill people in the first place.

Ah, they were only obeying orders. I invoke Godwin and claim my £5

ton

northern accents?

no yunki, they were English not Scottish….. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘This England…….’ is closed to new replies.