Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • This Cancer Mallarkey
  • steveoath
    Free Member

High protein diet. Cells are replaced more regularly than in low protein diets, where cells are repaired. Cell mutation is more likely, therefore, when the new cells are made.

showerman
    Free Member

A year ago today i was starting treatment for throat cancer,nice christmas present.said to the wife 2012 will be a good year for us a week later im pleased to tell you thats one large growth you have there sir.and yes i have the photos the took 😯

from the moment i was told i treated it like a joke..even going to work the next day after chemo and having radio therapy at 8am so i could go to work

i did slow down at the end and also ended up on morphine as the pain was out of this world..but it did not stop me going to morzine for a week in july the down hill runs were a little slow and coffee and cake seem to be in many of the photos as well as a lack of hair

a year later i see myself as a swan i may look good on the surface but there is still a little pain going on underneath

unlike some i am looking out at blue skies in the garden it could have been so different so everyday i smile and hope the big C will not come calling again and if it dares to darken my door again well it can have more of the same

jswan
    Free Member

My parents were diagnosed within a month of each other, I’d never really had to deal with it this close up before, dads life was pretty much over apart from the painful 18 months that followed and my mum was caught early enough to be treated, although shes now gone a bit cuckoo due to it all.

Horrible.

The support we received from Macmillan was superb I have to say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

humans have released so much radioactive material into the atmosphere through nuclear testing and burning of fossil fuels since the 1950’s that we are unable to carbon date material since then. the huge increase in cancer now is very likely to be a result of this. we have nothing but our parents to blame

A negligible amount compared to that released naturally eg Radon gas in parts of Devon and Cornwall is a much higher risk than 60s atomic bomb testing, most of which will have decayed to below background levels by now.

grilla
    Free Member

My wife works in cancer research, I think it’s worth people remembering the amount of progress that has been made in treating these horrible diseases, from the CRUK website …

[list][*]Half of people diagnosed with cancer now survive their disease for at least five years.[/*]
    [*]Cancer survival rates in the UK have doubled in the last 40 years.[/*]
    [*]Almost three-quarters of children are now cured of their disease, compared with around a quarter in the late 1960s.[/*][/list]

It’s a great example of where truly deep scientific research is directly being applied to saving lives. Anyone who has donated or raised money for Cancer Research UK needs to know that it’s what’s allowing this progress to happen.

source: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/keyfacts/Allcancerscombined/

slackalice
    Free Member

Like so many of you here, my mum passed away just over a year ago to cancer. She was 81 and fortunately was eventually diagnosed with only a couple of months’ notice.

Those two months enabled mum, my sister and me to say our goodbyes through the tears of grief and those borne from the joy of spending as much time together as we did. To witness the pain and suffering was gut wrenching. At least the morphine worked.

She was an incredible woman and my best friend and my mum. I feel truly privileged to have known her.

I take only positives from the experience: The importance of the Now, the present moment. Live life and do not be afraid. Cancer is a dis-ease, if I follow my bliss, I aim to be more at ease.

Go in peace, joy and love
    Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘This Cancer Mallarkey’ is closed to new replies.