This afternoon I've learned an important lesson.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • This afternoon I've learned an important lesson.
  • Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

Don’t use a touch screen phone immediately after eating an iced bun. The mess is horrific.

I can highly recommend M&S Rhubarb and Custard iced buns though, they’re quite delish!

So what have you learned today?

mikewsmith

Moderate the wasabi

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Windows 8.1 needs 1.8 gigabytes of updates, directly after downloading from Microsoft Volume Licensing and installing. πŸ˜•

muddy9mtb

using veet for somewhere never intended ”amazon veet review”

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Windows 8.1 needs 1.8 gigabytes of updates

Good job people with volume licences tend not to have capped broadband πŸ™‚

Onzadog

That house buying is a horrible process fraught with pitfalls, people wanting money for nothing and decisions to make which could have financially devestating consequences.

mikewsmith

Oh and as a follow on Japanese is not the place to go when you are hungry unless you are on expenses

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Good job people with volume licences tend not to have capped broadband

… and use standard desktop images and WSUS servers.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

M&S Rhubarb and Custard iced buns

I’ve made a mental note of the buns, not fussed about my touch screen. That’s what replaceable screen covers are for.

mogrim

I’ve made a mental note of the buns, not fussed about my touch screen. That’s what replaceable screen covers are for.

And waterproof phones you can just stick under a tap πŸ™‚

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

muddy9mtb – Member
    using veet for somewhere never intended “amazon veet review”

Did you learn the hard way, Muddy? πŸ˜‰
    πŸ˜† @ the phone comments. I normally CBA with screen protectors. May have changed my mind now…..

z1ppy

1st time round the park with the dog & me on the bike, he seems to think it pretty good fun :mrgreen:

You could put five or six on each morning, then in an F1 style tear one off each time you eat a sticky bun during the day. You could be the Lewis Hamilton of eating cake.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

You could be the Lewis Hamilton of eating cake.

Many a true word spoken in jest!

Or maybe a new username?

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

I learnt that using the knife to cut your 4 year old niece’s cucumber with, after cutting scotch bonnets, has absolutely hilarious results.
    (I did wash the knife between uses)

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

… that very large downloads seem to contain single bit errors which cause them to buggerup.

Oh, and Chrysler needs to improve their security!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK0SrxBC1xs[/video]

Mackem

I learned not to assume that an on-line job application will let you change some of your answers 15 minutes later.

Subscriber

Sex? “Yes please, LOL”

…..tick tick tick…..

“Oh hell!”

Mackem

Ha! I wish that’s what I had done. Instead I made myself seem even duller than I actually am.

whatnobeer

That if I’m going to go on a quick morning ride with 2000ft of climbing before work I a) need to eat more breakfast before I go and b) eat a lot more breakfast when I get back.

Subscriber

Instead I made myself seem even duller than I actually am.

Sex? “*sigh* Not in a decade.”

…..tick tick tick…..

“Oh hell!”???

cheekyget

Always wash your hands after chopping chilli……don’t wait till after you have a wee……….!!!

Mackem

Sex?
    What’s that?

Even when conditions are perfect there’s no guarantee you’ll catch some Mackerel.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Good job people with volume licences tend not to have capped broadband
    … and use standard desktop images and WSUS servers.

Or have access to CTXchange as a charity, 3mb broadband (capped) between 6 of us and no lockdown on desktop images… πŸ˜†

Premier Icon MrOvershoot
    Subscriber

I didn’t learn until I had done it 3 times and my shin was bleeding that the pedals on my 29er SS spin back very easily

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

I learned how to update the CEO’s sharepoint newsfeed email notification preferences using powershell. And also how much of a stink one “so-and-so is following you” email to said CEO can kick up. Talk about panic in a burning town.

daftvader

Wear gloves when dying leather with professional dyes…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘This afternoon I've learned an important lesson.’ is closed to new replies.