Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Thinking of trying a road bike – should I?
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Road bikes are real cool. Roadies are not!
    Lycra is comfortable. Shaved legs is taking it too far.
    Legs of steel you will earn from hours of suffering will transform your mountain biking for good. Putting up with near sighted, half whit idiot drivers will make you question if it’s worth it.
    Bikes weighing next too nothing with sexy curves will trap you in trendy bike shops for hours. Knee popping gears and twitchy handling will make you peddle carefully till you realise you can’t throw it back-end 1st into a tight switch back.

All in all it is a bicycle and all bikes are cool.
    eBay is full of bargains! There’s a bike shop in Kingston upon Thames that makes A visit to London worthwhile, just bring a credit card.
    Some of the cycle gear is beautiful.
    The racing scene has an amazing history of battles between bitter old rivals, some proper hard men!
    Just don’t try greet other roadies while you are out their cycling.
    Oh, take a road bike to France! The country roads are smooth, the motorist are considerate and the coffee will make you crank those pedals like a mad man for hours.

ahwiles
    Free Member

nice bike, even the cat’s impressed…

put it in the big ring for future photo’s – it just looks better.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Is this not a mountain bike forum!!!??
    Road bikes and mountain bikes are worlds apart so why mention this on a mtb forum???
    Just wondering like! 🙂

winrya
    Free Member

Is this not a mountain bike forum!!!??
    Road bikes and mountain bikes are worlds apart so why mention this on a mtb forum???
    Just wondering like!

I’ve posted on singletrack because I wanted opinions of mountain bikers having a go at road biking going back to the original post. What pops up is that there are clearly loads of people on here who do both. Cheers for the feedback guys!!

So the road bike will compliment my mountain bike …

grum
    Free Member

Road biking is fun – fast descents can be quite scary too. Enjoy.

oh and they are fantastic at showing off your massive man bulge.

Just what all the families in your local cafe are looking for, and not at all creepy/weird. 😕

mudshark
    Free Member

Elevation Gain: 298 m
    Elevation Loss: 308 m

Did you end where you started? If so, try some elevation correction.

winrya
    Free Member

Did you end where you started? If so, try some elevation correction.

No, spent the first few minutes getting used to clipping in and out on the pedals. Never used spd’s before

tenfoot

😆 – I think he means you descended 10 m more than you climbed. So you finished your ride underground if you finished at the same place you started.

Nice bikes BTW – if I had spare cash, and time, I’d have a road bike too.

winrya
    Free Member

Yea I got that lol I was saying I assume the discrepancy is due to me not starting the trip timer until I was comfortable with the pedals which was away from where I finished:) and yes I used the correction on the garmin connect site 🙂

tenfoot

Oops. Sorry wasn’t questioning your intellect, but it appears mine is sadly lacking 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of trying a road bike – should I?’ is closed to new replies.