Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Thinking of giving enduro a bash
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any? I know there are events that have hardtail categories so I’d be fine on the soul.
    What’s the atmosphere like at them? I just fancy giving something new a go.

spev

Atmosphere usually good, its more of a laugh for most people, there’s usually a couple taking it way more seriously than they should but that’s in every race type (people warming up on a turbo to do a XC fun cat race back in the 90’s for example).
    Personally I’d enter your age category and do it on your Soul, the hardtail cat is full of loons 🙂

If your near FOD they have a Mini Enduro there, Afan have 2 events over one weekend in April (the sunday is a Mash Up type thing where you can do as many runs of each stage as you can manage)

http://www.welshgravityenduro.com/race-date/bnes-round-1/

chakaping
    Free Member

See if pmba gisburn has any spaces left, that’s the best round for beginners and a hardtail can be competitive with FS bikes there.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m entered for the Naughty Northumbrian on my Trailstar. First ever enduro and hardly ridden never mind raced in years. What’s the worst that can happen?

the hardtail cat is full of loons

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When’s that SK?

jaylittle
    Free Member

PMBA Gisburn – sold out. Boltby Bash is a great event still quite small and very friendly – sold out, Ard Rock now has a few events that are shorter such as the sprint or the intro but again it’s sold out. You might be lucky enough to get a ticket if somebody bails.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m up north so a bit gutted gisburn is sold out. Nothing at Rivvy?

squirrelking
    Free Member

23rd-25th August, plenty of time.

Jonny, what about Chopwell? http://northerndownhill.bigcartel.com/product/chopwell-funduro-2019

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

That looks perfect! Hope I’m off work! I’ll check that out tonight. Cheers!

chakaping
    Free Member

Nothing at Rivvy?

No racing there since the Commonwealth Games AFAIK.

Have a look at Welsh Enduro Series as well, they do a round at Llandegla. Hardtail an advantage there I bet.

Also there’re often races at Eastridge, which is a great little venue with loads of flowy singletrack. Someone else will know if any organisers are using it this year.

timbog160

Welsh enduro series is top notch – did my first couple last year – hopelessly slow and unfit (maybe marginally less so this year!), but everyone is dead friendly and the length and technicality is just right for me – challenging but not desperate…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I might join you at NN SK, wasn’t planning on entering any bike events this year, just running events, but NN looked interesting last year.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Best be quick then I’m sure they said there were only 60 spots left a couple of weeks ago!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

👌🏻

Akers

Give it a go OP, ‘try everything once’ as they say. If you don’t enjoy it you can chalk it up as an experience.

I had my first crack at at couple last year, really enjoyed them both. I went on my own but everyone was really friendly. It made a nice change from just going for a ride, completing stages several times trying to improve and gain speed etc.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Llandegla leg of welsh series is on 1st June. I’m off that day. Think that’s a good one to try, I know degla well.
    Anyone know what the course would be there? I keep meaning to do all three runs there in a day.

joemmo
    Free Member

Couple more to consider OP – the NDH round at Hamsterley is probably worth more of a trip than Chopwell but depends where you live. You could also look at the Tweedlove events like Enjoyro and Boost

darrenspink
    Free Member

OP, Gisburn spaces up for grabs on the PMBA Facebook page (look at the event).

I’m entered for the Naughty Northumbrian on my Trailstar. First ever enduro and hardly ridden never mind raced in years. What’s the worst that can happen?

😮

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of giving enduro a bash’ is closed to new replies.