• This topic has 46 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Thinking about a 29er
  • Big-Dave
    Free Member

“Sensitive lot, you 29er riders”

I wouldn’t say we’re sensitive. Riding a bike with big wheels, only one gear and no suspension probably makes some of us more thick skinned (or should that be strange?) than sensitive.

😉

bigsi
    Free Member

Horses for courses really.

Clubber says he didn’t get on as well with a 29er as he does with his ‘normal’ bike. I prefer my 29er to my ‘normal’ bike.

When i built mine up i didn’t know if i was going to get on with it or not, i certainly didn’t try it because i was bored with riding bikes, but i love it. A guy i ride with who is about the same height as me tried one previously and decided he didn’t feel it was for him and so still rides 26er’s.

Try it, you might like it but if you don’t try it you won’t know and there’s always a good market for 2nd hand 29er kit.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Might be able to afford the singular route now, just looking at the price of wheels, On-one looking like the best deal atm anyone know of anything else, still need to shift the RS Revs, Frame and wheels of my P7

Sam

On-One wheels are probably the cheapest, though maybe you could re-build your hubs onto a new set of 29er rims?

epicyclo

I’m amused at the statement that 29ers aren’t suitable for Bristol. I was at the SSUK07 in Bristol and I had plenty opportunity to see the performance and handling of the Singulars as they kept zapping past my 26″ bike on the twisting rooty bits.

The next bike I bought was a Singular. 🙂

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Sam i would love to be able to do that, but i dont have the skills and or tools to take on that task.

Sam

Fortunately for you SG – I do. Drop me a line and I’m sure we can work something out – just had some nice bonty duster rims arrive.

epicyclo – very true – didn’t seem to slow Steve down very much when he won Bristol 12 SS solo (3rd overall) a couple of weeks back either…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about a 29er’ is closed to new replies.