Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Think my son's 20" wheel bmx is too big for him – wish I'd gone for the 18"
  • peabrain
    Free Member

I bought him one of these for Christmas http://www.sourcebmx.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=29688. It has 20″ wheels but is a junior version suitable for kids 4’5″ and up – he os 4’9″. But it just feels so heavy and unwieldy compared to his old 16″ bmx (he has outgrown it but would want to keep riding it if it wasn’t trashed)

We don’t do that much skate park stuff but do go occasionally. He also uses it to ride to school, dirt jumps, and ramps in the street.

Too late to send it back so do we persevere with it? Or do I see if i can pick up a cheap second hand 18″…and use the 20″ myself? I have been wanting a bmx!

kayla1
    Free Member

n+1, you said it yourself 😀 Jr gets a bike that fits and you get to be custodian of the 20″ one until he grows into it.

peabrain
    Free Member

That’s all the justification I need, thank you 😀

fattyre500
    Free Member

Isn’t learning to ride a bike that’s obviously too big for you all part of growing up and learning to ride anyway?

Speeder

My first bike was 20″ and lasted me from about 7 or 8 until I got my first BMX at about 13. You’re being too precious.*

* My boy is 5 and has already had 4 bikes so don’t listen to anything I say.

peabrain
    Free Member

Amateur! My youngest had 5 bikes before he was 3…:D

This poor neglected son only has 4 bikes (including too big bmx and trials bike given to him that needs a lot of work)

He hasn’t tried it at the dirt jumps yet as they are still shut after the winter. Maybe I should just let him get on with it.

Unless I see a super cheap 18″ of course…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Think my son's 20" wheel bmx is too big for him – wish I'd gone for the 18"’ is closed to new replies.